Main Menu

Wanted - Nonplayer # 1

Started by Davek, 14 January, 2012, 11:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davek

Looking For: Nonplayer #1
Price: £5 delivered

Not been buying comics for many years but have recently started again and read how good nonplayer was, so keen to see what the fuss was about (without paying silly money  ;))

Banners

Don't think there will ever be an issue #2 - bit of a shame.

Davek

Quote from: Banners on 15 January, 2012, 10:13:20 AM
Don't think there will ever be an issue #2 - bit of a shame.

Why not?  I thought it was just delayed.  Is their concrete news to say they wont be continuing?

Ancient Otter

There is an #2 on the way - sadly the creator was in a bicycle accident which is delaying production:

Parkin: One Image book that had a lot of good buzz going this past year was Nonplayer #1, which came out early in the year and while initially under-ordered, seemed to do well in its second printing. Nate Simpson went on to win the Russ Manning Award at the Eisners this year. But then Simpson posted on his blog that he was involved in a bicycle accident that left him in a sling. Can you give us an update on how Nate is doing?

Stephenson: Well, Nate's finally drawing again, which was welcome news to receive. The original plan was to get Nonplayer out twice a year, and I hope we'll get back on that kind of schedule at some point in the future. It's too early to say just yet, though, and really I'm just happy Nate wasn't more seriously injured and that he's on the mend. We should have the second issue out sometime around the middle of the year.

Taken from http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/01/moving-forward-and-creating-new-things-eric-stephenson-on-images-2011-and-2012-plans/

Davek

OK - well sounds like I have plenty of time to track #1 down then.