Main Menu

Manchester signing - 1st Sept - meet up?

Started by Dandontdare, 30 August, 2012, 05:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

John Wagner, Steve Yeowell and Sean Philips at Travelling Man Comics on Dale St, this Saturday at 1pm - anybody else going? fancy a meet up for a pint afterwards?

Colin YNWA

Wish I could but alas household duties and friends in Edale after rule me out this time, dagnabbit.

Noisybast

I'm hoping to make it to Manchester on Saturday. Anyone else?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

mogzilla

was going but wife being ill and car being knackered means i have to take mini mogz to a birthday party at a grotty bowling alley  :'( give the wag a hug from me and tell him to keep up the good work! ;)

Dandontdare

Looks like just me and thee noisybast. If you see a beardy bloke in a nemesis t-shit and leather jacket, say hello!

Noisybast

Well, I made it. Sweet jebus it's hot in here!

Noisybast

So I just shook hands with the legendary John Wagner. No biggie.

OK, so I muttered something about signing my Strontium Dog book to give him a break from Dredd, then stood there grinning like a star-struck tit...

DDD - I did spot a beardy Nemesis bloke, which may have been you. Were you accompanied by a,  er, gentleman of restricted follicle? If so, I was right at the back when you left the shop, so couldn't say hello. Either way - hello!

mogzilla

:'(

at least my girl had a nice day ,i am sooo gutted i couldnt get there!

Fatboydale

Had a little trip to manchester , got to meet DDD & Spirt68 and of course have a few drinks with Steve Yeowell , Sean Philips and John Wagner ...

Also a few nice sketches ...

CrazyFoxMachine

Colin YNWA

Damn my family and their need not to live in chaos and squalor. While sorting out our house yesterday post decoration I consoled myself that all I was missing was standing in a queue to get some cool stuff signed while looking a little starstruck... oh if only I'd known... I'd have still had to miss it but at least I'd have been emotionally prepared.

Chuffed for Dandontdare and Simon for getting to hang out with a legend and co... and once again my family call as I hunt for white kitty (I wonder if this time I'll miss hanging with Tom Waits or something...).

Forget not getting to the Dredd film early, wasn't too fussed by that, but this, its this that's made me want to explode with jealously.

Beeks

Ah..didn't see this..or I would have definitely hooked up with you lot

Hope you had fun anyway!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Dandontdare

Quote from: Noisybast on 01 September, 2012, 02:09:51 PM
So I just shook hands with the legendary John Wagner. No biggie.

OK, so I muttered something about signing my Strontium Dog book to give him a break from Dredd, then stood there grinning like a star-struck tit...

DDD - I did spot a beardy Nemesis bloke, which may have been you. Were you accompanied by a,  er, gentleman of restricted follicle? If so, I was right at the back when you left the shop, so couldn't say hello. Either way - hello!

Yes that was us, you should've shouted at us. Also met Toni Scandella in the queue, and Fatboydale too. As soon as John heard we were from the forum, he invited us to the pub after, so we me and Spireit68 went for a sandwich and then came back and hung around outside till it was finished (it WAS like an oven in there!)

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 September, 2012, 12:45:12 PM

As soon as John heard we were from the forum, he invited us to the pub

What a gent!!
DDT did a job on me

mogzilla

stilll sulking i couldnt make it ...damned childrens parties :(