Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 January, 2020, 12:44:24 PM
The wonderful Terry Jones.  :(

An utterly tragic end for a brilliant man. As well as his Python work and films, his medieval history shows were fascinating and hilarious.

sheridan

We'd known it would be coming for a while, but still a shock when it happens.

BBC

karlos

Was only thinking about him today and now this...

Utterly dreadful news.

Heartbreaking.

von Boom

Crushingly sad news about Terry Jones. RIP.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Poor Terry Jones I'm afraid his dementia became very advanced. A magnificent artistic talent, a great Writer, Comedian and Director. :(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

Indisputably one of the greats of modern culture. HIs warm humour was first enthusiastically pressed on me by my Dad, subsequently permeated my whole life, has been successfully passed on to my kids, and I doubt it will stop there. RIP Terry, the world would have been a far duller place without him.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Aw, man.  Even without Python, his Medieval Lives is one of my favourite books ever; and was the first time I learned that the medieval flat-earth theory is a modern myth.  I also learned that a priest very nearly invented a glider plane in the Middle Ages before the local bishop put a stop to it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Terry in The Young Ones.

(At 2:55, just after the classic "Do you dig graves?")
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

McNulty

Really sad to hear that Terry Jones has passed on. Really one of the greats of British comedy.

"He's not the Messiah - He's a very naughty boy!"

IndigoPrime

Bah. A majority of extant Pythons are now awful. Also, horrible for anyone to get dementia. (My gran had it.) But especially nasty for it to happen to someone of words.

Colin YNWA

He made me laugh a LOT and for that I am very grateful.
Rest in peace Terry Jones you funny man.

Rately

Seamus Mallon. Irish nationalist and man of peace during the Troubles. He helped to bring about the peace process, and never failed to condemn the violence of all involved. Honest, decent and principled.

We could do with a few more like him.

RIP.

rogue69

NBA legend Kobe Bryant aged 41 along with his 13 year old daughter and 7 other people in a helicopter crash