Main Menu

Chainsaw Warrior and Brett Ewins

Started by Mangamax, 06 April, 2011, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Oh, for the day when Games Workshop sold boardgames. Of other things other than thier universe.
Got this when it first came out but its long gone.
Very surprised to see this mint copy going really cheaply on eBay, so bagged me it.
Its just how i remember it and i'd remembered Brett had done the design work as well as the box art, but had totally forgotten he'd done a stunning comic strip of the guys origin that came with it:

It's lovely stuff, getting across the story in just 6 pages and interesting that he's used a similar twisty-bodies-thingy to what he used in that poltergeist Anderson tale he was producing around the same time:

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Colin YNWA

That was a blooming great game. Given that my nerdy friends who'd play this type of thing with me are limited to... well... me these days I really should get a copy of this on eBay and go sit in the attic and enjoy as much solo fun as I like.

Richmond Clements

My copy is stiiing on the shelf of nerd... I had the citadel figures too... dunno what happened to them.
But yes, it's a great game. I may give it a run out this weekend when I'm all alone and need entertainment.

Beeks

Jesus Christ I had this!! Remember it was a great game!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Mangamax

Yep, a great game. Only got it today but looking forward to playing it again. Re the figures, i had three - were there more?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Minkyboy

It does look like Kano has invaded an Anderson strip.

Love it.

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Mangamax on 06 April, 2011, 03:38:48 PM
Yep, a great game. Only got it today but looking forward to playing it again. Re the figures, i had three - were there more?

Just the three that I know of. There were also some extra cards that were printed in White Dwarf.

exilewood

I used to have this too - it was great, and really quite hard to win, if I remember.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: exilewood on 06 April, 2011, 03:53:02 PM
I used to have this too - it was great, and really quite hard to win, if I remember.

Yup- I think I have only won it a couple of times.

locustsofdeath!

Wow!!! This is one I always wanted as a kid - but there always seemed to be some bigger, fancier game I saved my pocket money for. ...think I'll be investigating ebay for this.

On a side note, a few days ago I bought a Mighty Warriors set at a pawn shop in town - and found that the miniatures were all still on the sprues!!! Best 4.50 spent ever!

Colin YNWA

Well bids in on one now and we'll see what happens.

Must dig out my Aliens board game that was great solo fun too as I recall.

mygrimmbrother

I can't wait for the day when technology has advanced that much that our fully 3-dimensional digital avatars can interact with eachother and we can all get together in cyberspace and play these vintage board games. Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Talisman, Dark Future, Space Hulk... sigh

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 06 April, 2011, 04:21:21 PM
I can't wait for the day when technology has advanced that much that our fully 3-dimensional digital avatars can interact with eachother and we can all get together in cyberspace and play these vintage board games. Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Talisman, Dark Future, Space Hulk... sigh

When it happens, just remember that it's not smart to upset a Wookie  :D.

Jim_Campbell

I never cease to be amazed by the number of times Ewins could photocopy the same headshot and still get paid the same page rates as artists who actually, y'know, drew their pages.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 April, 2011, 05:13:01 PM
I never cease to be amazed by the number of times Ewins could photocopy the same headshot and still get paid the same page rates as artists who actually, y'know, drew their pages.

Cheers!

Jim
Yeh, that allways slightly bugged me. I loved his style, but the amount of photocopying he did, his pages should have been sponsered by Xerox.  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^