Main Menu

Dredd Game

Started by Skullmo, 15 July, 2012, 01:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: Molch-R on 19 July, 2012, 01:30:42 PM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 19 July, 2012, 01:10:58 PM
Yeah but this was from a in the future point of view, as in when the movie comes out. You may be planning one then, no? Or after then? You can't predict how Dredd is gonna go down, it could be the biggest film of all time and people could be rioting for lack of a Dredd game! You never really know.

Report to Mek-Quake, Earthlet. Down the stairs, second door on the right.

I should probably go too for starting this!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Bat King

I'm starting to feel sorry for poor Molch-R...

Given the sales of the games Rebellion work on and sales of a Dredd game... I think it is likely that financially Rebellion are best off not doing a Dredd game at this time.

I like to think of Rebellion as being dedicated to each arm independently artisticly. Who knows they may subsidise one with another but unlike previous owners they aren't out to wring every Galactic Groat they can out of 2000AD 'franchise' (I hate that word...) or IP (I prefer that one though it isn't accurate really).

I'd like a Judge Dredd MMORPPROG or a Rogue Trooper MMORPPROG that had actual roleplay, unlike WoW et al. (I have had very bad experiences of people actually bugging me deliberately because I had the cheek to RP on an RP server...) but A) they aren't making one and B) only six people would probably play it properly (extremely rough estimate pulled out of the air) and C) they couldn't afford online GMs to ensure people actually played properly.

Managing the expectation of customers must be a nightmare Molch-R old roboty dude.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

Quote from: Molch-R on 19 July, 2012, 01:30:42 PM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 19 July, 2012, 01:10:58 PM
Yeah but this was from a in the future point of view, as in when the movie comes out. You may be planning one then, no? Or after then? You can't predict how Dredd is gonna go down, it could be the biggest film of all time and people could be rioting for lack of a Dredd game! You never really know.

Report to Mek-Quake, Earthlet. Down the stairs, second door on the right.

I think Mek-Quake needs to start doing house-calls...

Beeks

So is there gonna be a game or not?  ;)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

JOE SOAP

I'd rather a Peach Trees board-game.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 July, 2012, 08:19:15 PM
I'd rather a Peach Trees board-game.

Yeah like Monopoly though instead of going straight to jail you go straight out the window to splat on the rockcrete below.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

You have won 200 creds in an ugly contest...

SmallBlueThing

Can we not just have mega-city monopoly please? And a video game version for the ds?

SBT

JOE SOAP

You've been spiked with a hit of Slo-Mo - skip the next turn.

James

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 July, 2012, 08:35:06 PM
You've been spiked with a hit of Slo-Mo - skip the next turn.

And the one after that.

shaolin_monkey

Community Chest:
100 creds 'rename your sector' bonus!
110 creds clean air tax

:D

Steve Green

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 19 July, 2012, 08:33:08 PM
Can we not just have mega-city monopoly please? And a video game version for the ds?

SBT

I would imagine that Hasbro, having the erm... Monopoly on it would want a fairly large cut.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 19 July, 2012, 08:58:38 PM
Community Chest:
100 creds 'rename your sector' bonus!
110 creds clean air tax

:D

Instead of a top-hat or a sports car or a wheel-barrow...a Judge helmet, an H-Wagon and a Belly Wheel!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Toni Scandella

Instead of a Peach Trees board game, I'd prefer a re-release of Block Mania / Mega Mania.  Maybe change Sly Stallone Block to Peach Trees Block to tie in with the new movie...

Bat King

Dredd Risk. (or Rogue Risk...)

Dredd Monopoly

Update Block Mania (but retro compatable)
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex