Main Menu

Prog 2093 - Infernal Engines

Started by Richard, 04 August, 2018, 01:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

Prog hasn't shown for the 2nd time in 2 weeks.

Who knew subs would be so fustrating.... my money is on the postie nicking it.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Tjm86

This seems to happen every once in a while.  A couple of weeks with the prog turning up monday, tuesday or even wednesday.  Then things settle again.  A tad annoying but generally temporary.

IndigoPrime

I'd suspect local foul play if it's regular. I'd say on average I miss one issue of 2000 AD or the Meg about every few years. Damaged items are far more likely around here (with our extremely variable posties).

Geoff

Manco continues to excel on Dredd.

Not really bothered by anything else.

In this prog the guest appearance is a character that I didn't much like appearing in a strip that I also don't much like, so it doesn't bother me too much but the trend is rather lame.   

Don't like to be so negative, did I mention how good Manco is on Dredd... 

Magnetica

Manco's art is awesome - apart from the Judges' helmets which take the gloss off it for me.

When you think about it there are number of artists who seemed to struggle with it at one point or another e.g. in Ron Smith and Ian Gibson's first few strips it just didn't look right, I never really liked Will Simpson's rendition, even ...shock horror I don't like the way Bolland draws them these days...not that he actually does it much anymore.

Maybe it is that in reality it's actually quite a cumbersome design (?).

Geoff

Quote from: Magnetica on 06 August, 2018, 10:09:06 PM
Manco's art is awesome - apart from the Judges' helmets which take the gloss off it for me.

When you think about it there are number of artists who seemed to struggle with it at one point or another e.g. in Ron Smith and Ian Gibson's first few strips it just didn't look right, I never really liked Will Simpson's rendition, even ...shock horror I don't like the way Bolland draws them these days...not that he actually does it much anymore.

Maybe it is that in reality it's actually quite a cumbersome design (?).

I really like the way Manco does the helmets, although I can see why people might not.

Dredd and the judges generally must be very arduous to draw.  The helmet, all the pads (especially the eagle one), the badge and chain and the belt buckle and pouches.   

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 August, 2018, 03:14:02 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 06 August, 2018, 02:38:03 PM
The Order is one of my favourite stories and now I am really intrigued and curios who this mysterious character is. I must wait until Wednesday for the digital copy to be made available to get my answers. I am glad that I am being kept in the dark by everyone. The wait is part of the game.

If it's bloody Revere...

Nope, Its Indigo Prime  :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 August, 2018, 03:14:02 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 06 August, 2018, 02:38:03 PM
The Order is one of my favourite stories and now I am really intrigued and curios who this mysterious character is. I must wait until Wednesday for the digital copy to be made available to get my answers. I am glad that I am being kept in the dark by everyone. The wait is part of the game.
If it's bloody Revere...
Fortunately, I realised a second before posting that it's Paul Bunyan who has been a supporting character in this series. Had been gnashing my teeth about this since an ill-advised glimpse of the Bolt-Frank misconception upthread so finally reading The Order was [spoiler]a relief[/spoiler].

A stronger Dredd story from McConville but he really needs to get away from explaining the story in text boxes and actually tell it in other ways. Elevated by the art.

If we're going to have Slaine anyway, I guess Chris Weston drawing it is a good thing.
We never really die.

broodblik

Dredd – this is a gritty, violence and dark Dredd story with some fantastic art.  Just great

The Order – The helter-skelter story continues unabated, the reveal at the end can work if you look at the context of the universe and what is happing

Thriller – The story already has me intrigued and hopefully can keep it up

Mecastopheles – So far it is not to bad and premises looks interesting.

Grey Area- Back in action with another once-offer and hopefully a longer story arc starting next week

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Quote from: I, Cosh on 08 August, 2018, 12:31:21 AM
Fortunately, I realised a second before posting that it's Paul Bunyan who has been a supporting character in this series.

Is there any significance to that in relation to [spoiler]the appearance of he who isn't being named on this thread yet?[/spoiler]

The Enigmatic Dr X

I really have lost the plot with The Order.

I need a bullet point guide to WTF is going on.
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Magnetica on 08 August, 2018, 06:55:20 AM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 08 August, 2018, 12:31:21 AM
Fortunately, I realised a second before posting that it's Paul Bunyan who has been a supporting character in this series.

Is there any significance to that in relation to [spoiler]the appearance of he who isn't being named on this thread yet?[/spoiler]
No. I just got him mixed up with Paul Revere. Which I guess fits with the strip's mashup of fictional and historical characters.
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 August, 2018, 09:00:29 AM
WTF is going on.

I haven't picked up Prog 2093, but man what a Sphinx's riddle of a thread...Paul Bunyan, Igor Goldkind, Armoured Gideon, Revere...

And I gather that Armoured Gideon isn't having a giant demonic mechanoid throw-down with Mechastopheles....

WTF is going on!

Magnetica

Quote from: Link Prime on 08 August, 2018, 09:48:24 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 August, 2018, 09:00:29 AM
WTF is going on.

I haven't picked up Prog 2093, but man what a Sphinx's riddle of a thread...Paul Bunyan, Igor Goldkind, Armoured Gideon, Revere...

And I gather that [spoiler]Armoured Gideon[/spoiler] isn't having a giant demonic mechanoid throw-down with Mechastopheles....

What is going on!

Think you should have spoiler tagged that - or does everyone know now?

As to what is going on in The Order - dunno it lost me a couple of series ago!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Magnetica on 08 August, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
Think you should have spoiler tagged that - or does everyone know now?

Unofficial but longstanding policy on prog review threads is that you shouldn't read them before you read the prog if you don't want spoilers. Otherwise, the entire thread would be one long mass of black spoiler blocks.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.