Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 August, 2019, 09:27:24 PM
I can only read that as either A) genuinely suggesting murder or B) making a joke about murder.  Either way, it's in poor taste. Any sentence that begins with "What the IRA should have done..." should trigger alarm bells in that part of one's mind that filters the output.  Do you have that?

I didn't read it like that at all - it seemed to me a valid point about strategy. In any armed struggle, the ordinary people (in chip shops) tend to suffer far more than the ruling elites (in Corpus Christi), which is  crazy because it's the elites who cause all the trouble in the first place. Ordinary people, by and large, just don't care about who rules where and just want to live in peace and safety.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Elites have better security than people in chip shops.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

I strongly doubt that. The best chips are always to be found in the grungiest chipper. There's nothing worse than a gentrified chip.

There's also nothing wrong with going to Oxford per se, it's a very fine university once you past all the institutional bollocks and the tendency for the rich to foist their disprortionately inadequate children on its negotiable mercies in the hope that a posh-sounding degree will make up for a complete absence of learning.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 August, 2019, 10:34:03 PM

The best chips are always to be found in the grungiest chipper.

Actually, you're right. Furthermore, I have never been able to make a bacon buttie as good as those made by greasy ragamuffins  in greasy roadside vans.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Quote from: Frank on 20 August, 2019, 09:37:47 PM

I really like your posts, Funt, but part of your brain is missing. This keeps on happening to you.

*mutter* *mumble*  ... dredging up something I said last October and calling it a pattern ... *winge* *moan*

A good chip is better than a good french fry.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 August, 2019, 11:34:18 PM

Xenophobia now? Tsk, tsk... :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 August, 2019, 12:40:16 AM

Well, nobody likes pommes frites.

The Legendary Shark

Exactly - and this is why we have Brexit...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 August, 2019, 12:40:16 AM

Kettle Pot you ragamuffinist!
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

This is the 1066th page of this thread. The Sex Page, I suppose
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 24 August, 2019, 10:49:22 AM
This is the 1066th page of this thread. The Sex Page, I suppose

I get that!

I mean, if you were going to theme prog 1066 around anything, other alternatives suggest themselves more readily than mild titillation. Battle*, Invasion, a sequel to There's Something Abnormal About Norman, even.

Egmont didn't own Battle, but Bad Company, Koburn and El Maldito demonstrate you can Tharg-up a Battle premise without giving anyone in Legal a hard shift.

Hawkmumbler

A mark was missed with that issue, should have been prog 1069.