Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhizzBang

Am I the only one who laughed when Conway and Fox discussed the woman who 'kissed Judge Dredd's helmet'?

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: Vanilllahubby on 02 November, 2017, 04:31:20 PM
This sc fi special was my first introduction to the galaxy's greatest! Btw is that Tom Frame in the
photo strip (second box?). Can't wait to here your opinions on ace trucking. Keep up the good work!

I don't know, but I think one of the guys waiting in panel three is art bodger Robin Smith, and I've always had the impression that the Alien Registrar was played by Richard 'Burt' Burton, as he looks a bit like Ezquerra's version of him.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: WhizzBang on 03 November, 2017, 06:25:35 PM
Am I the only one who laughed when Conway and Fox discussed the woman who 'kissed Judge Dredd's helmet'?

You can really hear me think of and then reject doing a "No time for love Doctor Jones" type joke in the moment!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Vanilllahubby

More finbarr than short round!  :lol:

The Monarch

one eyed jack available now as part of rebellions treasure of british comics brand fox approved*

*may be a lie

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Just discovered this. Listened to one of the more recent ones last night, then the very first. Have now downloaded 2-8 to cram in when herself is at work. Absolutely wonderful, the joy is tangible and I sincerely hope they go all the way to current progs.
SBT

Andy B

Quote from: The Monarch on 02 November, 2017, 02:35:43 PM
is that the nemesis episode which was supposed to be part of book 1 but worked enough as a one off they stuck it in the special?

The way I remember it, this Sci-Fi Special was published before Book 1 started in the Prog: so this was our first sight of Nemesis. Seems like it was written to be that big reveal (irritating that collections put it as bonus content at the back, and not directly after Killer-Watt).

Great podcast, as ever: only thing I'd do differently is rave a bit more about the extreme awesomeness of Colin Wilson's art on Dredd!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling seventieth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 232-236 of 2000 AD, covering October of 1981. Join us as Ace Garp his crew and their ship the Speedo Ghost head out into the spaceways, Nemesis starts a jail break, Rogue Trooper heads out to sea, Mean Arena moves to Manchester, the Kid Knee Caper concludes, and Judge Dredd heads out on a Hot Dog Run before BLOCK MANIA BEGINS!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Vanilllahubby on 03 November, 2017, 09:05:53 PM
More finbarr than short round!  :lol:

Heh, another incomprehensible reference!

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 04 November, 2017, 03:01:53 PM
Just discovered this. Listened to one of the more recent ones last night, then the very first. Have now downloaded 2-8 to cram in when herself is at work. Absolutely wonderful, the joy is tangible and I sincerely hope they go all the way to current progs.
SBT

Thanks! Welcome aboard!

Quote from: Andy B on 04 November, 2017, 04:39:01 PM
The way I remember it, this Sci-Fi Special was published before Book 1 started in the Prog: so this was our first sight of Nemesis. Seems like it was written to be that big reveal (irritating that collections put it as bonus content at the back, and not directly after Killer-Watt).

From what I can tell the special came out right around the time Nemesis book one premiered, possibly even before fully body Nemesis shows up in the progs (Book 1 of course opens with a lot of Termight/Torquemada stuff). That is a bummer it's not part of the main story, as Nemesis having the Sword Sinister is a plot point of book one.

The Monarch

black mambas a species of snake

also shame on you conrad for almost giving the game away to poor fox i dunno how far you record so i ain't saying what but you know what you did :lol:

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Okay, a bit weird. I thought I was listening to episode five, and was enjoying them tearing the first annual apart... Then my phone went tits up, and now I can't find it again. Episode five seems to be something else entirely. Anyone point me in the right direction? I have 1-11 downloaded.
SBT

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: The Monarch on 06 November, 2017, 01:32:32 PM
black mambas a species of snake

Sure, but that gets in the way of our "everything is stolen from 2000AD" agenda!

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 06 November, 2017, 01:54:25 PM
Okay, a bit weird. I thought I was listening to episode five, and was enjoying them tearing the first annual apart... Then my phone went tits up, and now I can't find it again. Episode five seems to be something else entirely. Anyone point me in the right direction? I have 1-11 downloaded.
SBT

The first annual is episode 9, if that helps! Both episodes seem to working on the feed, maybe you just got further along than you though?

Fungus

Someone pointed out here recently that Nemesis does appear at the start. Cover of prog 222  :o A great spot!
(I'm on Space Spinner 25 or something so don't know how the Space Spinner guys treat this)

Anyway, I'm almost done Nemesis book 1 in the Ultimate collection and it makes me happy. First re-read since 1981 and O'Neill's art boggles the mind as much as ever...

Vanilllahubby

Finbarr Saunders and his double entendres, another classic British strip this time from viz.
If you get a chance you should check out viz.co.uk (nsfw!) Loved the high praise for ace trucking,
one of my all time faves! Re the hotdog run is it me or does the main villain look suspiciously like the
great Ron Smith?

Pyroxian

Quote from: Vanilllahubby on 06 November, 2017, 05:47:11 PM
Finbarr Saunders and his double entendres, another classic British strip this time from viz.
If you get a chance you should check out viz.co.uk (nsfw!)

http://viz.co.uk/category/cartoons/strip-cartoons/finbarr-saunders/ [NSFW]