Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

That's really good to know that folks are using the Ultimate Collection to spring board into 2000ad and I was wondering if folks who where into Dredd and had picked up wider 2000ad stuff in a more 'managable' way than just plunging into the Prog... though I still stand by the fact this is they way to do, I'm not really one to speak on that!

So great to know this is working as a way for Tharg to get his mucky mits on more fresh blood.

sintec

I'm another new reader - read a few bits from a band mates prog back in the 90s but never enough to convince me to jump on board.  A good friend has been telling me for years that I should read Strontium Dog and this seemed like a really good opportunity to catch up on that and all the other stuff I'd missed. It has since become a bit of an obsession.

Bought my first prog and megazine at the airport last month and I suspect that may turn into a sub at some point in the near future.  Probably around the time I stop splurging money on the Dredd hardbacks on ebay which can't be far off as there's only a couple left that I really care about.  Some of the Dredd books seem to be getting scarce now though and prices have started to spike, particularly for stuff late in the run.  Saw Blood Of Emeralds, Served Cold, and Fallen Angels go for £20-£30 each the other day and quite a few others from issue 70+ are now hitting the £15+ price fairly regularly).

abelardsnazz

I got back into Tooth after almost 20 years away when the Dredd collection launched. I've bought the occasional prog since, but have been mostly focusing on collections of stories that haven't or won't be appearing in the Dredd or Ultimate series.

cropsy13

I used to be an avid 2000AD reader back in the early/mid 90's thanks to Dredd but I drifted off after a couple of years but as soon as I saw this I jumped at the chance and I've loved a lot of the output.

I found the first half of Robo-hunter dull (Loved the second half though) and I thought Meltdown man went on too long (I did enjoy it though) but everything else I've really enjoyed.

I hope we see Mambo make an appearance in this collection

Sabreman64

After my post on the 8th October about my damaged Nemesis figure, I sent a private message on Facebook to Hachette. To my surprise, they replied the next day (my previous private messages to Hachette were replied to after several days or well over a week). Hachette told me that a replacement figure had been posted and I should receive it within 7 to 14 working days. However, that time has passed and I have received no replacement figure. What should I do now? Wait another week or two for the figure to arrive, or contact Hachette again about it?

One other thing: I'd like to change my delivery address for the collection from my work address to my home address. I don't trust Hachette to deliver to my work address. The Hachette website says changes to delivery address should be done by contacting customer "services" by phone. I'd rather not phone Hachette unless it's a last resort. When I've phoned Hachette before, it was a very bad phone line and I had a lot of difficulty in hearing the phone operator (my hearing is fine). Do you think they would accept a change of delivery address if I contact them via Facebook? (My home address is my billing address, which should simplify matters.)

Simon

IndigoPrime

Ask them via Facebook first, for sure. On the replacement figure, if you've already hit 14 working days, I'd flag this with them right now.

moldovangerbil

Anyone else have a payment taken on their account last week but not have the account details updated to show the next 2 books?

Tomwe

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 13 November, 2018, 06:21:36 PM
Anyone else have a payment taken on their account last week but not have the account details updated to show the next 2 books?
If you mean the Hachette account page lists a payment but no books (like it used to do before the Special mess) then yeah me too.

moldovangerbil

Quote from: Tomwe on 13 November, 2018, 10:18:53 PM
If you mean the Hachette account page lists a payment but no books (like it used to do before the Special mess) then yeah me too.

Yes, that's what I meant.  Put far more eloquently than I managed!  Thanks.

Sabreman64

Oh, this is stupid. I've just had a look at my online Hachette/2000 AD Ultimate Collection account. The delivery address given is my home address, which is wrong since it's my work address they actually deliver to. Hachette are a bunch of numpties. So, I have to request a replacement for the replacement Nemesis figure that didn't arrive. And I have to change my delivery address to my home address, despite the fact that my online account states (incorrectly) that my delivery address is my home address. What a mess. ::)

Dark Jimbo

It's confirmed - Bad Company and The Bewilderness in BC v1. Was expecting that, but really hoping it wouldn't happen. I'm conflicted about springing for v2 just for the sake of Krool Heart...
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 14 November, 2018, 08:51:36 AM
Quote from: Tomwe on 13 November, 2018, 10:18:53 PM

Yes, that's what I meant.  Put far more eloquently than I managed!  Thanks.
That page now looks like this:
09 November 2018   Credit Card Payment - Thank you   -19.98
09 November 2018   [strangely absent vol number]              9.99
09 November 2018   [strangely absent vol number]              9.99

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 November, 2018, 10:27:52 AM
Given that you can still get all of Zenith in hardback, I'm not sure it really needs to be in the UC. But, yeah, the lack of John Smith is a major omission. As I've said before, at the very least a Leatherjack/Firekind combo would have been a great inclusion.

Maybe it's being saved for the continuation?

sheridan

Quote from: Pale fire on 10 November, 2018, 11:17:52 AM
I think I enjoy early stront more than the recent ones, nemesis is one of my least favourites. Its distinctive and memorable certainly, but some bits feel a bit of a slog.
As a matter of interest, which bits of Nemesis did you find a slog?

IndigoPrime

I dunno. If there is a continuation (and I very much hope there is), it'll be a very interesting collection at that point, on the basis that it'll lose some of the heavy hitters (by then, there's no classic Rogue, Strontium Dog, Nikolai Dante, Nemesis and ABC Warriors – and probably little to no Sláine) but could conceivably start running more Dredd again. And you'd still have Kingdom, possibly some Meg series that are ongoing (Lawless, say), classic thrills like VCs, gap plugs (I wouldn't want all of Fr1day, but War Machine and a best-of would be great; see also: Strontium Dogs), Armoured Gideon (yes, I know), Brass Sun, Flesh, Indigo Prime, Necronauts, Zaucer of Zilk, Zenith, Fiends of the Eastern Front, Age of the Wolf, Firekind, Firekind, Firekind, and Firekind. Ahem.

I guess a combination of sales and willingness from Rebellion will be key here, but it'd be a crying shame to stop this series at 80, when there's so much great stuff it could get out into the world (most of which doesn't exist in hardback, and some of which is unlikely to ever be collected in trade form).