Main Menu

Countdown to Origins

Started by Zone remix, 02 September, 2006, 03:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darryl

Where's 54 when you need him?

Jim - he aint worth it - obviously his handlers have left him alone for a few days - Home Alone 4 - Mongo's big weekend?

DavidXBrunt

Don't you taint the memory or Eric and Ernie, sunshine.

Wake

How about this for a challenge Scott?

I won't reban you if:

1) You leave alt.comics.2000ad completely

AND

2) You behave yourself here - which includes not starting multiple threads on the same topic.

Good luck,

Wake

W. R. Logan

>How about this for a challenge Scott?
>I won't reban you if:
>1) You leave alt.comics.2000ad completely
>AND
>2) You behave yourself here - which includes not starting multiple threads on the same topic.
>Good luck

Hasn't this been tried before and failed miserably more than once.
Alt.comics.2000ad is dead, and even if he left it now and never returned it?s a stinking corpse that will never walk again.

I know we joke about him and go on about him being mentally ill but he is, offering him another chance will eventually see him screwing up as he has done before.
I know we're supposed to turn the other cheek, let anyone show that they can be rehabilitated and give people second chances but the man is ill when are we going to accept that. I?m not the only one on this board who has worked in the Mental Health field and you don?t need any professional qualifications to see that he has a problem that he can?t control.

I believe in this case it?s detrimental to his long term mental health to allow him any way back in. The ban shouldn?t be only looked at as a way of protecting this board from him, but also as a way of protecting Scojo from himself.

Quirkafleeg

Playing with fire there, Wake.

DavidXBrunt

I'm going to have to agree with Gee Eff there. As someone with experience of both sides of the equation I believe Scott has problems and at present an inability to overcome them or move on. It's admirable to keep giving him chances but it might be more helpful in the long term to deny them, for him more than us.

It's not a perfect analogy but it's like telling an alcoholic "As long as you don't go over the top you can have access to my wine celler" and then being shaking your head sadly when you find him in a pool of his own vomit but saying "Try not to do it again, okay?"

Zone remix

"How about this for a challenge Scott?

I won't reban you if:

1) You leave alt.comics.2000ad completely

AND

2) You behave yourself here - which includes not starting multiple threads on the same topic.

Good luck,

Wake"

I accept your proposal. Thanks. If I am allowed to stay I think it's only fair that boarders don't call me rude words, insult me and all that sort of stuff. I will try my best to behave. As a goodwill gesture, I won't enter the chat room. I'll probably leave the forum once the countdown is complete.

Eight days and counting....

I think today is the eighth day, not yesterday. My maths isn't so good.

W. R. Logan

The man is mentally ill, he has no control over his actions. Giving him another chance isn't doing the right thing, no matter how good your intentions he has a problem that you just can't ignore and hope things will be alright.

monty--

Go on.... Tell me while I'm eating my popcorn.) What's the big deal about him? Why ban him for starting multiple threads? Seems a little harsh to me....

Er, no offence intended. I just don't see what the problem is. (and I'm a nosy git).

WoD

Heh...could be an interesting countdown to Origins this...

IndigoPrime

More to the point, there are reasons why people are banned from boards. Allowing them back later just makes other people think they can get away with more. As for alt.comics.2000ad, that's dead, and will never be like it used to be, even if Scojo never darkened its doors again.

Zone remix

I've decided to decline Wake's offer. I won't be continuing this thread because I don't like reading a message board full of the f and c word. Jim has got his wish, I've left. Reading Jim's foul language is too much. He criticizes me but his actual language is far worse. Makes you wonder.

Just like to say, I am looking forward to Origins. That is all.

Dog Deever

I must admit, i'm curious about all this too (humorous as Jim's F'n and blinding is!)
I'm not that nosey, but my curiousity is piqued...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Jim_Campbell

"Reading Jim's foul language is too much."

Don't make me laugh, you feeble-minded shitbag. I've called you a fucking cunt more times than I can count on a.c.200ad and still you won't fuck off, despite repeated promises that you were leaving forever.

For the avoidance of any doubt or confusion: in the unlikely event that the opportunity should ever present itself, I will fucking ruin you if it lies within my ability.

Sadly, given my lack of links with organized crime, or people of a violent persuasion, I shall have to content myself with the knowledge that you are doomed to eke out an onanistic life in your mother's basement, employed at a dry cleaners, engaging in rather peculiar fantasies about yourself and Hugh Jackman.

Rot in hell, you loathesome little turd.

Jim

PS - to recent arrivals on this board ... you're missing some serious history here. You may interpret the above as a psychotic episode but, trust me, it really, really, isn't.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James

Can someone dig up some old threads for nostalgia's sake?