Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Serious event occured a moment ago. Little brother slipped and seriously damaged his upper teeth a moment ago. Seem's we might have to head home, but at the moment i'm immensely concerned for Charlie. Bless his soul he's a trooper.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Turns out his upper jaw is just fine but he's lost all four upper front teeth, both incisors and canines. Looks like a bloody Bond villein but he's still smiling.

CrazyFoxMachine

You heading back then or staying out there - ? Yeesh that's a frightener - he young enough that those were replaceable or are those out for good?

I knew a chap who was on holiday and knocked out his fronters and the doctors told him the best thing to do was FORCE THEM BACK IN. *shudder shuddery flubbles*

Hawkmumbler

We're staying. Charlies pumped up on pain killers and sugar, and it would be a long pointless journey back.

CrazyFoxMachine

Off to London for LFCC today - have nowhere to stay and no idea what I'm doing.

So I'm sure it'll be fine!  :-\

Bolt-01

Noisybast

Some wee scrote tried to break into my home a couple of weeks ago. I heard a loud bang as they forced the living room window open and saw the lamp come on. I came thundering into the now empty living room to find my window fucked and a dirty smackrat scuttling across the road to a waiting (stolen, as it turns out) car.

Nothing was taken and nobody was hurt, but it's been massively inconvenient. I had to spend all day Sunday waiting for the police to come and take a statement. They turned up the following Friday. Then I had to take yesterday morning off work for a couple of workmen to come and replace the hinges/runners on the window. They turned up at twenty past one. For an already quite broad "AM" appointment. Seriously - can nobody turn up when they say they will any more?

Seems the little shits had knocked the car off earlier that evening and had been cruising around the area, looking for opportunities. They'd tried several houses and caused quite a bit of damage, including bursting through the window of one house to find one surprised family, sitting in front of the TV, staring back at them. They were last seen by the police, racing up Smithdown Road towards the city centre, but the patrol car didn't give chase because they didn't have permission:|

Now, I know Judge Dredd is supposed to be a satire, and nobody really wants to see that sort of thing, but just sometimes...  >:(
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

ZenArcade

That's a staggering tale there chief; just about sums up the average experience of crime and the unsatisfying aftermath. My best to you and yours. Z

Grugz

with luck they crashed and got injured or overdosed ...I feel your frustration but how many of us have wished for a cannon button on the dash now and again?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Theblazeuk

It really depends on where you are. When I got jumped by a mob of scallies, a copper came round within a few hours of me reporting it - and raced off to catch someone who was going through people's back gardens half way through the interview before coming back to finish up. At least that's what he said maybe he just went for a cheeky pint.

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

GrinningChimera

My girlfriend of over 3 years left me yesterday. :(

ZenArcade

Sorry to hear that kiddo, we've most of us been through that particular misery (apart from the girl boarders). Hope it works out.....if not: time's a healer. Z

Fungus