Main Menu

Dredd: The Complete Case Files

Started by Arkady, 24 August, 2015, 01:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

That's a key point alright - but they would also be missing out on loads of great Annual and Special stories, unless they were paying attention. Wake up, Sheeple!

Skullmo

Quote from: Tordelback on 30 August, 2015, 04:17:04 PM
That's a key point alright - but they would also be missing out on loads of great Annual and Special stories, unless they were paying attention. Wake up, Sheeple!

Surely they bought the restricted files!
It's a joke. I was joking.

AlexF

I'd imagine that the PDFs, contents and page count are already locked in for Case Files 26 at this point, but chalk me up as another one who doesn't want America II in there. Purely for selfish reasons as I'd rather see more Dredd stuff I haven't read in a while.

I'm assuming CF26 will include Fetish, of course, which is definitely a Dredd story but was also recently included in the Devlin Waugh collections. We might even get to see a Siku Dredd on the cover - one of the more distinctive versions out there. Biggest chin ever.

glassstanley

Quote from: AlexF on 01 September, 2015, 09:40:57 AM

I'm assuming CF26 will include Fetish, of course, which is definitely a Dredd story but was also recently included in the Devlin Waugh collections. We might even get to see a Siku Dredd on the cover - one of the more distinctive versions out there. Biggest chin ever.

I don't recall seeing Fetish reprinted in the Rebellion volumes?

Skullmo

I'd imagine that the PDFs, contents and page count are already locked in for Case Files 26 at this point, but chalk me up as another one who doesn't want America II in there. Purely for selfish reasons as I'd rather see more Dredd stuff I haven't read in a while.

I dont want Fetish in there either!

And can someone go back and remove Raptaur.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Skullmo on 01 September, 2015, 11:56:59 AM
I'm assuming CF26 will include Fetish, of course, which is definitely a Dredd story but was also recently included in the Devlin Waugh collections.

It's in the blurb, so we're definately getting that one: ...Meanwhile in another classic adventure from the pages of the Judge Dredd Megazine, Dredd teams up with the celebrity freelance exorcist, Devlin Waugh, to battle Kigishu the evil sorcerer on the plains of Pan-Africa!

Case Files 26 looks set to be built mainly around three long stories - Fading of the Light, The Hunting Party and Fetish.
@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

Quotechalk me up as another one who doesn't want America II in there. Purely for selfish reasons as I'd rather see more Dredd stuff I haven't read in a while.

That's bananas. That's like saying "I've already got a Cursed Earth graphic novel so please leave it out of Complete Case Files 2."

TordelBack

Quote from: Skullmo on 30 August, 2015, 05:03:06 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 30 August, 2015, 04:17:04 PM

Surely they bought the restricted files!

That being my point. You can't just buy the Casefiles and get the whole show. You need to be aware that there are other volumesout there (such as the Restricted Files, America, The Deadman, Chopper, Psi FilesThe Taxidermist, Banzai Battalion et cetera et cetera). So giving out about the ommission of America is only logical to a point.

Richard

The difference being that the other stories are set in Dredd's world but they're not Judge Dredd stories.

I won't get into America as it's done now. But America II is unequivocally a Judge Dredd story.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 30 August, 2015, 02:14:47 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 August, 2015, 02:12:45 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 August, 2015, 01:58:27 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 August, 2015, 01:37:35 PMI'm still baffled that they left the Dreddworld intro out of "The Complete Al's Baby".
I was actually quite happy about that. It was clearly tacked on at the time.

Aye, I'm baffled that Dash is baffled. The story loses nothing, but gains a lot without that intro - now it's a graphic novel that stands alone, that you can give to friends on its own merits without having to explain the context.

It was left out because John Wagner wanted it left out.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good choice (though when is LESS Ezquerra art a good choice?) - I'm saying that omitting one page of the story as originally published is contrary to the notion of it being the COMPLETE Al's Baby.

As I say, TMO might be might but his grasp on the word 'complete' is less than, er, complete.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Skullmo on 01 September, 2015, 11:56:59 AM

And can someone go back and remove Raptaur.

Yeah, and any stories that involve Dredd fighting on a conveyor belt.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

AlexiP

Quote from: Richard on 30 August, 2015, 04:10:10 PM
Part of the problem is that just because we all know about America doesn't mean other people do. There will no doubt be plenty of people buying the series and thinking that means they have the whole series (and consequently not buying other Dredd books), not realising they are missing one of the best Dredd stories ever.

From my point of view this is exactly right. CF was my introduction to Dredd and I'd been told about this America story and kept waiting for it to appear and it took me a long time to realise I'd gone way past the point I should have seen it.

After now reading and thoroughly enjoying it I think it makes me wonder how many people have missed this great story because they just don't know about it.

Skullmo

Well hopefully they will reprint the case files with slightly different content so we can buy them all again

PsychoGoatee

I'd just like them to release more of these, so we can close the gap a bit. Maybe five years behind the current stuff. Granted I'm sure they have specific reasons for doing two a year, probably the best for more casual buyers.

Richard

Well the cover of 26 is out, and Colin MacNeil's name isn't on it, so it looks like no America II either. Disappointing.