Main Menu

Dredd: The Complete Case Files

Started by Arkady, 24 August, 2015, 01:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkady

Brilliant. That's like an OCD-sufferers' support group.

Mattofthespurs

Dark Horse did this with their Creepy and Eerie volumes.
Everything is hunky dorey until Creepy volume 13 and Eerie volume 10 when they changed the Dark Horse logos.
Makes me wince every time I look at my bookshelves.

PsychoGoatee

Case Files 27 says it covers Prog 1053-1083 and Meg 3.34-3.38. This means it includes Predator vs. Judge Dredd, doesn't it? Since that's the only Judge Dredd story in those last few megs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Casefiles-John-Wagner/dp/1781084327

PsychoGoatee

Enrique Alcatena (the artist of the Predator story) is not listed on the cover though. So that's an inconsistency, one way or the other the cover has an error.

Hawkmumbler

I suspect they might be excluded as it has it's own TPB now.

I, Cosh

I didn't expect it to appear in Case Files especially, as Hawk says, having recently been reprinted with the Aliens story. What I didn't realise until checking now is that it was printed as Predator vs. Dredd and was technically a reprint of the Dark Horse series. Given the very short time lag I assume the intention was always to print it in both places almost simultaneously but, for those who care*, it gets them off the hook in terms of what the Case Files normally contains on two counts.

Interesting about the numbering though. On balance, I think I'd rather have the issues with no stories listed on the cover than a mysterious gap.

* Obviously, I care enough to try and figure out the reasoning behind these things but, ultimately, I don't get worked up about the content.
We never really die.

Richard

It doesn't credit Enrique Alcatera, the artist on the Predator crossover, but it does credit the other Megazine artists in those issues. So I think they're not going to include Predator, which makes sense as the copyright on that story was shared with another company. If you want a complete run, you need to buy the Predator and Aliens book. (And the Batman and Lobo book. And America, and The Cam Kennedy Collection, but don't get me started on that...)

The issue numbers on the cover don't mean they're including all the episodes from those issues, it's just so it doesn't look like there's a gap.

Molch-R

Predator vs Judge Dredd is included in Case Files #27.

Richard

PsychoGoatee

Skullmo

Quote from: Molch-R on 28 February, 2016, 10:12:59 PM

I just bought the Alien/Pred book to get that story last week - :'(
It's a joke. I was joking.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Skullmo on 29 February, 2016, 01:55:58 AM
Quote from: Molch-R on 28 February, 2016, 10:12:59 PM

I just bought the Alien/Pred book to get that story last week - :'(

I can beat that, I ordered it shortly after posting about it yesterday. Owning it twice is a good thing!  :D

And who knows whether the Aliens one will also be in the Case Files. Hopefully. Plus that one will be a while from now.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Skullmo on 29 February, 2016, 01:55:58 AMI just bought the Alien/Pred book to get that story last week - :'(
Where from? If online, you can return under distance selling regs, if it's still in the condition you bought it in.

Skullmo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 February, 2016, 10:32:36 AM
Quote from: Skullmo on 29 February, 2016, 01:55:58 AMI just bought the Alien/Pred book to get that story last week - :'(
Where from? If online, you can return under distance selling regs, if it's still in the condition you bought it in.

The 2000 sale
It's a joke. I was joking.

TordelBack

-wipes away tear of cruel laughter- That's great news, never read it.