Main Menu

Dredd: The Complete Case Files

Started by Arkady, 24 August, 2015, 01:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Skullmo on 29 February, 2016, 11:16:37 AMThe 2000 sale
Distance-selling regs give you the right to return for full refund within 14 days. See this CAB FAQ.

I, Cosh

So much for my hair-brained theories then.
We never really die.

Arkady

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Case Files include 'The Dead Man'? I'm about to purchase Vols 14 & 15.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Arkady on 18 March, 2016, 09:59:25 AM
Can anyone confirm whether or not the Case Files include 'The Dead Man'? I'm about to purchase Vols 14 & 15.
It does not. There's a separate Tales of the Dead Man collection.
We never really die.

Arkady

Fragminion

Ditto that.  Just got it and read the Dead man.  Was there any shock when The Dead Man's Id was revealed in this story or was this foreseeable from a few miles/kilometers away when it came out?

And WHY can't they put out the Case Files (or the Restricted Files for that matter as well) FASTER!?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Fragminion on 12 April, 2016, 07:43:52 AMDitto that.  Just got it and read the Dead man.  Was there any shock when The Dead Man's Id was revealed in this story or was this foreseeable from a few miles/kilometers away when it came out?

Some people guessed; lots didn't. A fair few, I imagine, strongly suspected but couldn't quite believe that the comic would do something so drastic to its lead character. It's one thing to read this in a standalone collection, and a different thing entirely to read it as just another story in a weekly anthology (authored under a pseudonym to hide its direct connection to the main strip).

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

I thought it was quite expertly plotted at the time, and caught on with what was happening at roughly the same time as Dredd. People should also be aware that at the time Tharg was teasing the death of a major character, and everything kind of dovetailed into that.

TordelBack

I twigged it was Dredd right off from the unnatural/artificial eyes, but thought it was set far in the future when Dredd had eventually taken the Long Walk, a sort of Dark Knight Returns deal. It was only at the end that I realised we could looking at the immediate future.

It's worth remembering that almost everyone seemed to be moments from death in 2000AD at that time... Chopper was being riddled with hole in MC2, Slaine was apparently moving towards a conclusion, Zenith was in way over his head and the Vertex switcheroo was only a few weeks off, Johnny Alpha was left blinded in a hell dimension... Only Bradley seemed untouchable.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tordelback on 12 April, 2016, 03:03:53 PMOnly Bradley seemed untouchable.
That says so much about what happened next, during the BAD YEARS.

Dandontdare

I must admit Tharg has fooled me every time - Dead Man, Crispy, Malone, Trifecta, I'm just not cynical enough to suspect these things!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 April, 2016, 03:38:00 PM
I must admit Tharg has fooled me every time - Dead Man, Crispy, Malone, Trifecta, I'm just not cynical enough to suspect these things!

Yeah I only had a vague idea JUST before the reveal. It was very very expertly plotted. One of those moments that however good it is when read back you are so glad you were lucky enough to read it in real time and so glad I'm not smart enough to have sussed it properly!

Magnetica

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 April, 2016, 03:38:00 PM

You missed one Dead Eyes --> Indigo Prime.

Arkady

Is everything in 'Heavy Metal Dredd' also in the Case Files?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Arkady on 08 June, 2016, 03:23:17 PM
Is everything in 'Heavy Metal Dredd' also in the Case Files?

No, thank Grud - it got its own collection at some point a few years back.
@jamesfeistdraws