Main Menu

Dredd: The Complete Case Files

Started by Arkady, 24 August, 2015, 01:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkady

Just started on Vol.29. I have a habit of popping a spare bookmark straight into the index for the Megazine bit for when I get to that part... and I couldn't find it. Flicked to the beginning... a full index for the whole volume! Wait a minute... page numbers!

It amuses me how the Case Files continue to evolve and improve. But it does fill me with a slight foreboding that one day they'll release second editions with the various improvements incorporated (and proper coordinated spine art!) and I'll feel compelled to get the whole lot again.

Then again, I'd welcome that for the phone-book size vols 1-11. But maybe just nice custom dust-jackets foe the rest, yeah?

Was the Volume 1 hardback anniversary reissue much different inside?

WhizzBang

Quote from: Arkady on 24 August, 2017, 09:36:43 AM
Was the Volume 1 hardback anniversary reissue much different inside?

Nicer glossy white paper, colour pages (center spreads, occasional back cover and front cover), and a 'book plate' which is a bit of cardboard with a picture of Dredd on by Carlos. I am not really sure what the point of the book plate is - I used it as a book mark.

Magnetica

Quote from: WhizzBang on 24 August, 2017, 06:17:01 PM
... and a 'book plate' which is a bit of cardboard with a picture of Dredd on by Carlos. I am not really sure what the point of the book plate is - I used it as a book mark.

er it's a picture of Dredd by Carlos on a bit of card. What's not to like?

Where as the bit of card I got with one of the Zenith hardbacks signed by Steve Yeowell seemed a bit more superfluous. It was not as if it was designed to be stuck into the book.

8-Ball

I don't know if it's down to the fact that the tooth completely slipped off my radar around the turn of the century (right up until DREDD and the hype surrounding DoC brought me back into the fold) but it's the stuff post-CF30 that has me the most excited for the Case Files. It's all brand new territory for me.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

davepain

Nearly a year on (best not to rush in) from my post asking where to go as I wasn't enjoying the early teens of CF...

I've just finished volume 24 as recommended and loved it. Barring a few small blips it was excellent. Great to be back on the old Lawmaster again. Thanks for the advice. Loving forward to the next few volumes very much.  :D

Arkady

If memory serves , volume 30 will include Doomsday. Will be interesting to see whether they split the prog & Meg stuff as per the trades, or mix it up chronologically.

Arkady

Looking at the included material, almost the whole volume will be Doomsday (just a couple of extra Megazine stories I think).

Smith

CF #29 is done.It was okay.I read a lot of it recently,so I couldn't really get excited.  :)
Simian Bizley,I missed that the first time.

Prodigal2

Guys Case files 30 worth a punt to someone who missed it first time around?

TIA.

Richard

Yes, it's the whole run of The Doomsday Scenario, which is brilliant.

Prodigal2

Quote from: Richard on 11 December, 2017, 02:27:26 PM
Yes, it's the whole run of The Doomsday Scenario, which is brilliant.

Thanks Richard. Appreciate it fella.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Prodigal2 on 11 December, 2017, 10:57:14 AM

If you're more or less up-to-date with recent volumes then this is what the series has been building to for some time - arguably since volume 23! It's the last you'll see of Demarco in the main strip, for instance.
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 December, 2017, 12:46:47 PM
Quote from: Prodigal2 on 11 December, 2017, 10:57:14 AM

If you're more or less up-to-date with recent volumes then this is what the series has been building to for some time - arguably since volume 23! It's the last you'll see of Demarco in the main strip, for instance.

-cough-[spoiler] Trifecta[/spoiler] -cough-

Prodigal2