Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: broodblik on 04 July, 2019, 03:55:12 AM
Yes it is a delight to have Brink back so soon.

Tharg is clearly making the most of INJbot whilst he still has him.

Broken link repaired—IP
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Frank

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 30 July, 2019, 06:51:35 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 04 July, 2019, 03:55:12 AM
Yes it is a delight to have Brink back so soon.

Tharg is clearly making the most of INJbot whilst he still has him.

For some reason, that link wasn't working for me:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/06/exclusive-a-sinister-superstore-launches-in-everyt.html

An ongoing title - if it's on a monthly schedule, I hope NUJ Cupboard's family are fine with limiting their interactions to notes exchanged under locked doors and emptying 2 litre coke bottles full of bodily fluids.

I suppose you can't put out work like that last book of Brink and expect this not to happen. Rot your eyes, Berger  (somebody hide D'Israeli and Henry Flint in the attic)

IndigoPrime

Although if his star rises, perhaps that'll boost Brass Sun sales and mean we'll get a hardback follow-up to the lovely first volume that came out – *gulp* – FIVE years ago now. Mind you, we'd need another 10 episodes or so to fill it, unless it was a skinnier edition (like the upcoming Deadworld one is going to be – 96 pages compared to the first book's 144. And, yes, I'm still going to buy it, obviously).

Vernoona

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 July, 2019, 02:37:26 PM
Although if his star rises, perhaps that'll boost Brass Sun sales and mean we'll get a hardback follow-up to the lovely first volume that came out – *gulp* – FIVE years ago now. Mind you, we'd need another 10 episodes or so to fill it, unless it was a skinnier edition (like the upcoming Deadworld one is going to be – 96 pages compared to the first book's 144. And, yes, I'm still going to buy it, obviously).

Oh that Brass Sun hardback was one of the first non-Dredd 2000 AD purchases I ever made! I spotted it in a second-hand bookshop - absolutely beautiful!

Colin YNWA

Couple of Treasury things I've picked up from Previews. Note seem them mentioned but that might just be me being dozy? Particularly intrigued by the first one. Not a strip I know but the write makes it sound very interesting!

QuoteDR MESMERS REVENGE TP
AUG192165
(W) Don Avenell (A) Carlos Cruz
Hammer Horror meets Doomlord in this 1970s supernatural comics gem! After several artefacts are stolen from his home, the mysterious Egyptologist Dr. Mesmer resurrects a five-thousand-year-old mummy called Angor, a Pharaoh possessed with great mystical power. Together they set out to retrieve the missing items, bringing terror and destruction in their wake! Featuring the work of legends of British comics Donne Avenell (The Spider, The Phantom) and illustrated by Carlos Cruz Gonzalez (M.A.S.K, The Phantom).
In Shops: Oct 02, 2019
SRP: $18.99

QuoteMISTY PRESENTS JORDI BADIA ROMERO HC
AUG192166
(A) Jordi Badia Romero
Deluxe over-sized art-book celebrating the art of a lost master of horror illustration! Celebrating the incredible art of Jordi Bad a Romero from supernatural girls comic Misty, this sumptuous hardcover art book collects stories from the 1980s that showcase this remarkable, and criminally-overlooked, artist who died in 1984. This is a must for collectors of artist-focused biographies and visual history guides.
In Shops: Oct 30, 2019
SRP: $24.99

Frank

Dark Jimbo

I love Defoe so hard. It's supplanted everything but Nemesis for me in terms of 'favourite Mills thrill'. Cracking worldbuilding, great characters, and even the dreaded politicking largely works, given the hero is a post-Civil War Leveller working for the Crown.

So, so glad that it's still a going concern after the changing-artist debacle looked like it might sink it completely.
@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

Defoe looks great cannot wait.

The cover for the the Scream/Misty special:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Is that the cover or an ad? Looks like an ad to me - but a bloody good one.

IndigoPrime

Looks like an ad that's going to become a cover with, presumably, some changes to the typesetting.

The Amstor Computer

Really looking forward to this special - this year's themed specials have been fantastic, and a Thirteenth Floor-themed one-off is right up my street. Lovely cover work from Kyie Hotz too...

(Teasing, but that's an iffy choice of typeface with the missing leg on the "L" - fiddly to read, as the instinct is to scan it as "VINCE IOCKE", "KEIIEY JONES", "HENRIK SAHISTROM" etc. Always a risk with OTT horror-themed type where the exaggerated/distressed/etc. forms can be pushed to extremes), but this is particularly awkward.)

IndigoPrime

Yep. Needs a custom L. Or, you know, a different typeface.

Bolt-01

Considering that it is also loaded with the old crossbar 'I' as well.

hippynumber1

I did think Abigati Harding was an odd name at first...