Main Menu

2000ad National Signing Event!

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 August, 2012, 11:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judo

I look forward to seeing you in the Sun getting arrested for drunk and disorderly. im thinking about edinburgh but glasgow being awesome has made me really lazy so it seems like a trek x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Judo on 25 August, 2012, 01:18:11 AM
I look forward to seeing you in the Sun getting arrested for drunk and disorderly. im thinking about edinburgh but glasgow being one large penal colony has made me really lazy so it seems like a trek x

FTFY
DDT did a job on me

Judo

Oi yah mad mental dobber yer gettin' yer jaw ripped fae tha' ;) *raises fist penal colony stylee* x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Simply Si

Back in the country and doing some catching up .....

It says signing event but will the lovely artists be sketching?!
Do you have to put something witty here?

Mardroid

Quote from: Judo on 25 August, 2012, 12:12:57 PM
Oi yah mad mental dobber yer gettin' yer jaw ripped fae tha' ;) *raises fist penal colony stylee* x

Heh. I like how the avatar matches the post.

[spoiler]Cor![/spoiler]

Mikey

Brilliant! There's a signing in Belfast!

I'm going on holiday that morning.

:|

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Colin MacNeil

Just heard the timings for the Edinburgh and Belfast signings have changed.

Edinburgh now 12pm till 1pm and Belfast now 12pm till 2pm.

Cheers

Colin

CrazyFoxMachine

Here's a Karl Urban Dredd by Dylan Teague who was very lovely and gave me some great critique on colouring (and resisted the urge to vomit on it and chuck it back in my face which others have done).

...and Patrick Goddard's Karl Urban Dredd. He had with him pages from the upcoming Savage and GOD'S BALLS but they were beautiful. A double page in particular is... dare I say in the idiom of the young... FREAKING EPIC. He also had a page script from Pat Mills which was. Well - it was amazing. Out with the novel-length descriptions of panels folks and in with

Panel 5: Bill blows up a warehouse

Panel 6: Explosion

Because Pat talks designs over beforehand a lot and leaves the rest up to the artist. Which is quite spectacular really. More of that sort of thing.

Daveycandlish

They are rather fantastic Mister Fox  :o

Colour me jealous.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Dandontdare

I got a Zenith sketch from Steve Yeowell,and a Devlin Waugh by Sean Phillips (but apparently my scanner's so old I can' no longer find a driver to make it work, so no pics). Best part though was that John Wagner knew who I was off here ( :o) and invited me and Spireite68 to the pub after. Lovely day was had by all. What a gent! I'm now trying to avoid nodding off before Dr Who.

Trout

This is the Edinburgh contingent reporting in!

A fine time was had by all. I bought the Fiends of the Eastern Front book so people had something to write on. Several of us, including Colin and Gordon, spent the afternoon in the pub afterwards - and very convivial it was, too.

I behaved, alcohol-wise, because I had to come home to cope with the children (my wife has a night out), but I believe several Squaxx and droids are still drinking Auld Reekie dry...

Mike Carroll

Great day at Forbidden Planet Belfast - PJ and I had the Emerald Garrison providing protection, and were ably assisted by our able assistants Nathan and Leonia.

We started signing a few minutes before noon, and finished sometime around 15:30. I had it easier, of course, because PJ was sketching.

I've no idea how many copies of 2000AD were signed, but it was at least many. The queues were never very long, but they were constant. One thing that was most gratifying was meeting all the new people who'd never read the prog but were intrigued enough to give it a shot. Plus of course there were lots of old hands, some of whom admitted to having lapsed but were considering a return to the fold!

It was exhausting, but exhilarating - hope all the other signings were as successful!

-- Mike

Steve Green

Just back from London, shadowing Judge Burdis and taking pics.

Pretty packed down in the basement, and I'm sure CF will give his report later, as well as posting pics from the signing and his tour of duty around the west wall end.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's all catching up to me as I feel a wee bit tired but I'm sure a shower will revive me, so I will post a few pics to get you in the mood.

WE ARE THE LAW!

Judge Burdis meets 3 eldsters called Iz, Stacey and Pete Wells who was in drag!

Story and more pics later ;)

Pete Wells

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 September, 2012, 10:32:43 PM
Judge Burdis meets 3 eldsters called Iz, Stacey and Pete Wells who was in drag!

And then I says to Stace, aren't those judges looking younger these days...