Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 10/05/08, 6.45pm, 'The Doctor's Daughter'...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 10 May, 2008, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

Eric Plumrose

Against my better judgement for its obvious fanbaiting, I may well be peeking through my fingers.

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Tiplodocus

The internet may well enter meltdown at around 7pm.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Some did emention sharkjumping right?
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

Well, to be honest I think they're going to be lambasted by certain areas of fandom however they approach this idea, so kudos to them for even attempting it.

I'm just hoping (though the trailer inspires little hope) that she's not just another of those dull 'kick-ass kunng-fu girls' that's appeared in pretty much every genre show since the late '90s.
@jamesfeistdraws

Eric Plumrose

>> Well, to be honest I think they're going to be lambasted by certain areas of fandom however they approach this idea, so kudos to them for even attempting it.

I agree there'll be criticism of RTD's contempt for cherished notions or if the production team bottles out, I'm simply not convinced it's something that even needs attempting.

Albion

The Doctor's daughter is played by Georgia Moffett who is indeed a Doctor's daughter as her Dad is Peter Davison!
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

JamesC

This episode looks pretty shite to me but may I be the first to say that the Doctor's daughter is a babe and I'd like to give her one.

Hoagy

*'Doctor! Be a man!

Get off the weed or whatever, get a job!

If I was shooting through the time and space continuum and I pick up a young filly and expect it to lead to sex, Ill be thinking; "Get a condom."'

*Quote from Thursday's Jeremy Kyle in which Jezza tackled the thorny issue of girls getting involved with alien sex fiends.

:)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Eric Plumrose

scutfink

Sontaran's last week, Sea Devils v2.0 this week, and a nice line in questioning the Doctor seems to be developing...

Bad Andy

I rather enjoyed it all. Even if the explanation for it all was rushed in a 20 second breathless explanation.

Is Jenny (rather easy on the eye) set for a spin-off then?

They've all been pretty good so far in fact. Donna's  character has calmed down from the first few episodes (where the writers probably wanted to appeal to Tate's existing fan base in order to get them to stay and watch).

Hoagy

Yeah. I liked it.

A little recall was needed on the plot reveal

other than that smooth runnings

has that awful music been turned down or have I acclimatised?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

worldshown

Overall, I liked it as well, but by Christ there was so much wrong with it.

* "They're clean, scan them". Clean of what? Never elaborated on.
* Why does the 'cloning' produce an opposite gender?
* Why were the Hath in a joint colonisation project with Humans? Incidentally, what's with that bottle of limeade in their mouths?
* Why, when in Confidential it showed the Hath had dialogue, were they silent? It didn't make them creepy, just confusing.
* How is Martha suddenly an expert on regenerations? She's never seen one.
* Why did it require 'pixie dust' to bring Jenny back to life? That first Christmas special showed that Timelords can regenerate missing limbs in the first however minutes of a regeneration. Something like that could have worked here as well.

This just felt like a two parter or a special that had been edited down to 40 minutes and too much was lost in the process.

On the plus side, some of the dialogue between the Doctor and Donna was excellent, the sets looked great and the twist in the story was pretty good.

Albion

Spoiler tag attached for those who may not have seen it yet,

After the terraforming thing started and Jenny died I just thought of The search for Spock and guessed she would be back.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.