Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 17/05/08, 7.00,pm, The Unicorn & the Wasp...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 17 May, 2008, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

:) Your Lordship my puter is now covered in tea :)

CU Radbacker

Richmond Clements

Mardroid

Hah! That's nothing, I've met people who actually believed Jesus was real!

He was.

Proudhuff

I really enjoyed that one.
Thought he would have refered to 'Bessie' at one point when the cars were on screen.

There were titles shoehorned in? Missed most of them I'm afraid.

Unbidded and unsettling: an image of Flic Kendal on hands and knees being 'approached' by that giant wasp entered my mind when she was telling her tale, must have given her a buzz!
DDT did a job on me

DavidXBrunt

There's a semi sequal to All Consuming Fire this year in the The Adventures of Bernice Summerfield audio plays. The Advebture of the Diogynese Damsel sees Benny stranded in Victorian London and seeking help from Holmes smarter older brother. David Warner is playing Mycroft.

DavidXBrunt

Also if there must be another writer in Who then why not Roald Dahl. Plenty of macabre goings on in his stories that could be great fun on the telly and the TARDIS has already landed n Roald Dahl Plass a time or two.

Mardroid

Apart from him being dead?

I suppose it might be possible to adapt some of Roald Dahl's stuff for Who, but I imagine the legal requirements would be a minefield.

Besides, there are plenty of writers in who. It's not all written by RTD. And it won't all be written by Moffat when he takes over. The main creative vision will be there's though...and that requires someone alive. ;)

Adrian Bamforth

That threw me too, I'm assuming he means a story where a writer is visited a la Shakespeare, Dickens, Christie et al.

Mardroid

Oh right yeah. Trust me being dumb. I still have the news of Moffat taking over fresh in my mind.

DavidXBrunt

Yes, that's pretty much what I meant. Dahl as a celebrity historical candidate, not a zombie scripter.

Although...