Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

QuoteI've stood right next to them so they can't steal any Dredd stuff as I know that's what the buggers are looking at!

Ahhhhh, I see.  Of course, I forgot that the meter'd be in that cellar, of story and fable.  Maybe you could point out the small admission fee?

Richmond Clements

Someone in our office has to go due to cutbacks. Yesterday we all got an 'interview' about it, and this morning we've been sent a 'personal file' to fill in, which is actually a job application form. For the job I'm already doing...
Anyway, it's a great atmosphere in here at the moment! One of us will find out if we're the lucky one, if they give the required noticed to quit the job, just before Christmas.

uncle fester

Ooh... and there was I about to moan about a leaking shower and angry downstairs neighbour. Not much in the way of consolation yer Lorship, but I've been in your shoes and it doesn't make for a room full of happy campers, even after the cutbacks have been made.

Sending you good luck vibes in a 'hope it all works out' sorta way from here...  :-\

Mike Gloady

That sounds like a right bag of hoots and titters, Your Lordship.  You have my sympathies. 

Cruel though it is to wish unhappiness and strife upon an un-named stranger, I hope it's not you mate.  And I simultaneously hope it's someone who won't be destroyed by the experience but use it positively.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Richmond Clements

Cheers guys!

Yeah, it's a bit shite. What's annoying is that everyone in the office is a nice person. If only we had a bastard here, things would be so much easier!

Bolt-01

Yeah, there's never an E.B. Farnham in the room when you need someone to hate...

Big hugs Man.

House of Usher

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 16 October, 2009, 10:07:42 AM
Someone in our office has to go due to cutbacks. Yesterday we all got an 'interview' about it, and this morning we've been sent a 'personal file' to fill in, which is actually a job application form.

That's no minor impediment! That qualifies for a 'life spugs because...'
STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 October, 2009, 11:36:55 AM
Yeah, there's never an E.B. Farnham in the room when you need someone to hate...

Big hugs Man.

Heh. Yer goddamned fucking right!
Thanks.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: House of Usher on 16 October, 2009, 11:43:55 AM
Quote from: His Lordship rac on 16 October, 2009, 10:07:42 AM
Someone in our office has to go due to cutbacks. Yesterday we all got an 'interview' about it, and this morning we've been sent a 'personal file' to fill in, which is actually a job application form.

That's no minor impediment! That qualifies for a 'life spugs because...'

Ahhh, see, I thought about putting it on that thread, but decided on this one because at the moment it's just pissing me off a bit. Now, if we get the the end of December and I find out I'm the 'lucky' one, I may have to upgrade it to 'life spugs'...

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Richmond Clements

Peter Wolf

A friend has had this re-applying for his job recently as well as there are going to be redundancies at some point.

My guess is he will go because he is an office full of small minded vindictive women who like to transfer their prejudices and boyfriend problems on the only male member of staff.

It sounds like its the latest thing  re-applying for jobs.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Proudhuff

ooh that sounds shan Lord Rac, my sympathies, the day to day morale must be through the ...floor.

Still you've got pro-comic writer, con-organiser, publisher, editor in your back pocket  ;D
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 October, 2009, 03:32:01 PM
ooh that sounds shan Lord Rac, my sympathies, the day to day morale must be through the ...floor.

Still you've got pro-comic writer, con-organiser, publisher, editor in your back pocket  ;D

Indeed! All I need to do now is find a way to make that all pay money...

TordelBack

Sympathies RAC, a situation I'm all too familiar with.  E.B. did have his uses.

And PW:

Quote... an office full of small minded vindictive women who like to transfer their prejudices and boyfriend problems...

The very definition of office work!  Our office was similarly infested a few years back (okay, a lot of years back), but happily after careful pruning we're down to one mild example, and bad apple principle aside, one simply isn't enough to generate bitchy horribleness.  I should point out that most of my current colleagues are women, and (with aforementioned exception) models of level-headed easy-going professionalism.  

However, there was a point when entering certain rooms at any time of day resulted in sudden silence and sullen, utterly miserable looks, and a general feeling that being male was the equivalent of being on the run from a war crimes tribunal.