Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 October, 2009, 03:47:42 PM
Sympathies RAC, a situation I'm all too familiar with.  E.B. did have his uses.

And PW:

Quote... an office full of small minded vindictive women who like to transfer their prejudices and boyfriend problems...

The very definition of office work!  Our office was similarly infested a few years back (okay, a lot of years back), but happily after careful pruning we're down to one mild example, and bad apple principle aside, one simply isn't enough to generate bitchy horribleness.  I should point out that most of my current colleagues are women, and (with aforementioned exception) models of level-headed easy-going professionalism.  

However, there was a point when entering certain rooms at any time of day resulted in sudden silence and sullen, utterly miserable looks, and a general feeling that being male was the equivalent of being on the run from a war crimes tribunal.

Imagine yourself working in an office and the boss keeps saying over and over again "All men are shits" followed by "Oh sorry Gary - No offence !".This is what happens on a daily basis.

Personally i wouldnt tolerate that for very long and the way i see it is its highly unprofessional to bring ones own personal baggage and prejudices into the workplace like that.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I let my son, Sam watch youtube through my page as he likes to trawl through all sorts of crap. The problem is all the stuff he favourites, it's embarrassing for me as anyone who finds my Dredd stuff will see that 'I' like the following-

Coronation Street Theme Tune 2008
Fireman Sam Theme Song - NEW
Chain Letters 1997 Part 3/3
say goodbye to teletubbies (with chinese subtitles)
etc.....

Autism is a wonderful thing ::)

uncle fester

I stood in front of the 2000ad section in Forbidden Planet today with not a penny piece to my name.

All those beckoning temptresses, lined up on the shelves before me, with their shiny covers, promising unbridled joy within.

Others came, selected, and walked away with joyous expressions, whilst laughing at my pauper's gaze.

It's not fair, I tell you  :'(

COMMANDO FORCES

Today I am going to waste my money on buying a complete set of crockery for the missus.
We have the good set in the dining room, for special occasions, as you do! We also have the every day set, which has a few chips here and there and a few missing but there are only three of us, so who cares I say!
Sadly with my Dredd spenditure this month I have lost the argument :(

Mike Gloady

And every meal you eat from that crockery will contain a reminder of that money "wasted" at the bottom, beneath the gravy.  The ceramic laughter of the percelain gods rings in your ears like a modern day Orpheus and you suspect you're being taken for a ride.....

Horrid.  Been there.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

I wish the idiot that keeps listing their comics in the original comic art section of Ebay would just stop .

It means going through 20 pages of items that shouldnt even be there and its annoying.I just sent the seller an Email asking them to stop doing it.

GGGRRrr...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 October, 2009, 01:21:37 PM
I wish the idiot that keeps listing their comics in the original comic art section of Ebay would just stop .

It means going through 20 pages of items that shouldnt even be there and its annoying.I just sent the seller an Email asking them to stop doing it.

GGGRRrr...

With you on this one. Is it just one seller though? There always seems to be loads of stuff only about 20% of the lots ever seem to actually be art and not comics, or posters etc.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 17 October, 2009, 02:04:06 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 October, 2009, 01:21:37 PM

GGGRRrr...

With you on this one. Is it just one seller though? There always seems to be loads of stuff only about 20% of the lots ever seem to actually be art and not comics, or posters etc.

Its predominantly a seller called APA234 which must be an acronym for A Pain inthe Arse 234.

There are others as well but i dont see what the problem is with listing items in the correct category.

COMMANDO FORCES

Thank God that's over with.
We had to buy 2 sets of 4 plates, 4 side plates, 4 bowls & 4 cups as we wanted 6 of each only but this was the cheapest way to do it. We don't need the cups but it was still cheaper this way.

I know it's amazing, if we bought 6 of each individually it would be a lot more expensive and you don't get any packaging, how's that happen!

Ah well, it's over with for a few years now.
One good thing though, we're having Chinese tonight and when we finish the meal we will just throw out our old plates. How decadent ;)

Mike Gloady

Ah, a hidden benefit I'd not thought of.  Nice one.  Enjoy the Chinese - I'm eating BAD microwave food (because I'm lazy and not actually that hungry) whilst watching Come Dine with Me (which I started to watch in the hope it'd give me an appetite).
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

I'm just amazed there's money for food, never mind plates, after the Cellar has taken its cut!

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 October, 2009, 07:19:14 PM
I'm just amazed there's money for food, never mind plates, after the Cellar has taken its cut!

It's a perfect balance of finances that does it, plus I don't go on the piss like in those army days. That drinking lark is quite expensive!

COMMANDO FORCES

I've finished  what I was doing, now do I go back to bed, go and get a newspaper or have beans on toast with a couple of fried eggs!!!!!
I want sleep but I want food and the paper shop is only 1 minutes walk away.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well that's all sorted, went to the paper shop, had beans on toast and now just waiting for it to settle before I go back to bed!

wild-seven

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 17 October, 2009, 10:43:20 AM
And every meal you eat from that crockery will contain a reminder of that money "wasted" at the bottom, beneath the gravy.  The ceramic laughter of the percelain gods rings in your ears like a modern day Orpheus and you suspect you're being taken for a ride.....

Horrid.  Been there.

That's what happens when you spunk an irrational amount of cash on a 'Wonder Woman' breakfast service young man!
Minor impediment of the day? Lack of an extra button at the bottom of my dress, damn thing keeps flapping open as I walk
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow