Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Top tip for breaking in new boots: wear them once, find out where it hurts, then start covering the injury with a plaster when you wear them again. Eventually the boots will soften up to the extent you no longer need to pad out the bits of your feet that get sore.

My minor impediment of the day is I'm knackered as usual. And I still have some work to do before I can go to bed, otherwise I won't be able to do my job properly. I could settle for not doing my job properly, I suppose.
STRIKE !!!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 October, 2009, 10:51:39 PM

And why in Grud's name is it still certificate 15. The knife work is all I can think of.

Sorry to spin off top but do films get re-certificated? I always wondered this as lot of old horror or whatever seems to have its old rating even though the standards change. Are films ever resubmitted to the Film Board or whatever? If not I wonder why I mean Gremlins is surely a PG these days or one of those various 12 certificates they create whenever a big film needs to find its audience?

Peter Wolf

Just now i was walking home up the seafront and crossing a road and out of nowhere a car with a geezer driving came speeding round the corner and honking the horn at me which made me jump out of my skin which wound me up so i ran after the car for a bit but unfortunately the car got away which was unfortunate.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

wild-seven

Quote from: House of Usher on 20 October, 2009, 11:56:12 PM
Top tip for breaking in new boots: wear them once, find out where it hurts, then start covering the injury with a plaster when you wear them again. Eventually the boots will soften up to the extent you no longer need to pad out the bits of your feet that get sore.

My minor impediment of the day is I'm knackered as usual. And I still have some work to do before I can go to bed, otherwise I won't be able to do my job properly. I could settle for not doing my job properly, I suppose.

thanks for the suggestion! It always takes me ages to wear in shoes/boots, being on steroids for over 10 years has left me with skin like tissue paper  :)
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

wild-seven

Minor impediment of the day - burnt a saucepan making mushroom risotto. Oh spoons

TordelBack

Quote...being on steroids for over 10 years has left me with skin like tissue paper

Small price to pay for Olympic Gold!

Mike Gloady

You know Wild, if I thought I was due one of these EVERY DAY I'd be a little more down in the mouth than you.

Although seemingly I am getting one a day, maybe I just refuse to see reality.

My impediment today is my brother popped by for a chat this morning.  Turned out what he wanted to talk about was something he got the wrong end of the stick about yesterday and had been brewing up a grump storm ever since.  He spoke to me, explaining it all.  I told him it was all a massive misunderstanding, he believed me and went back to work.

And I've spent the rest of the day feeling like utter shite because he felt, for whatever reason, he couldn't tell me straight away when we spoke on the phone the previous day.  My mood isn't HIS fault, it's mine for reacting this way, but I can't help but feel (childishly) that he just dumped HIS grump on me and ran off so I was stuck with it.  I know very well that if he were remotely aware of how this had affected me he'd be gutted.  Double standards, thy name is brotherhood.  I'm the strong one, I can cope would be my only response.  

All very silly.  Dinner and coffee have perked me up no end by comparison, but I'm still not feeling like going to my mates gig and seeing real people.  Very sullen and grumpy for, essentially, no reason.  
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 21 October, 2009, 07:36:43 PM
You know Wild, if I thought I was due one of these EVERY DAY I'd be a little more down in the mouth than you.

Although seemingly I am getting one a day, maybe I just refuse to see reality.

My impediment today is my brother popped by for a chat this morning.  Turned out what he wanted to talk about was something he got the wrong end of the stick about yesterday and had been brewing up a grump storm ever since.  He spoke to me, explaining it all.  I told him it was all a massive misunderstanding, he believed me and went back to work.

And I've spent the rest of the day feeling like utter shite because he felt, for whatever reason, he couldn't tell me straight away when we spoke on the phone the previous day.  My mood isn't HIS fault, it's mine for reacting this way, but I can't help but feel (childishly) that he just dumped HIS grump on me and ran off so I was stuck with it.  I know very well that if he were remotely aware of how this had affected me he'd be gutted.  Double standards, thy name is brotherhood.  I'm the strong one, I can cope would be my only response.  

All very silly.  Dinner and coffee have perked me up no end by comparison, but I'm still not feeling like going to my mates gig and seeing real people.  Very sullen and grumpy for, essentially, no reason.  

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, I don't like to think of you being sad AT ALL. Call me later?

TordelBack

Brothers.  Can't live with 'em, didn't strangle them when they were too small to fight back.  

Much as they wreck my head on an almost continual basis, I'd be lost without mine.

COMMANDO FORCES

TordelBack

COMMANDO FORCES

Jim_Campbell

... Because I'm sat here studying group consolidation of balance sheets, when I could be drawing Dirty Frank for Bolt. 

Bah!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Looking forward to seeing that, Jim!

I forgot my wallet this morning.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 October, 2009, 08:03:51 PM

Much as they wreck my head on an almost continual basis, I'd be lost without mine.

I'd be richer without mine. "Do you want to meet up for a pint?" generally translates to "Do you want to buy me a pint while I explain to you how grateful I'd be for the loan* of £10/20/50 ..."

Cheers!

Jim

*By loan, I mean that in the karmic sense, rather than any strict definition involving, you know, actual repayment of the money. Obviously.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.