Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wild-seven

The Insurance racket; the career choice of people who would have been criminals but didn't fancy the hours
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 28 October, 2009, 12:50:06 PM
Time for a cuppa and frozen pizza.

I'd prefer fizzy pop and a cooked pizza myself Mike. Hope you don't break your teeth ;)

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 October, 2009, 06:15:11 PM
Bollocks, the fridge light has blown!

New bulb (it cost £2:48) in and just like God I have created light.

wild-seven

I bow down before you oh light maker *does interpretive dance of the donkey*
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

House of Usher

People and companies who make a living out selling unnecessary or non-existent services to people who cannot afford to lay out all in one go when things unexpectedly go wrong are just f***ing scum. I'm sorry to hear you've had to deal with their ilk, Mike.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Went to Brighton today with the family and couldn't park on the promenade because there was a Fucking Massive Marquee being constructed on about 50 parking places. We then drove around the town looking for a place and entered an NCP place only to see at the last second a tiny price list. Jesus Christ they wanted about £9 for a few hours. I reversed out, I ain't paying that for Brighton. We then drove back to the prom and I used my advanced driving skills to get into a gap a few inches longer than the car.
We then had a pleasant day.

By the way we didn't see Peter Wolf anywhere!

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

QuoteBy the way we didn't see Peter Wolf anywhere!

He was probably busily writing a post complaining about flash gits parking on the promenade!

Banners

I just called to cancel my contract and 3 have now remembered I'm on a 24 month deal, not an 18 month deal. Bah!

M@

Noisybast

My girlfriend's mate has let her down for tonight.
This gives me the worrying feeling she may end up accompanying me and being a massive killjoy all night, like last year.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

House of Usher

The unsmiling, sourpuss, eastern-European-staffed UK service sector, especially catering and hospitality. I understand why the service sector depends upon eastern Europeans. You couldn't get middle class Brits to do the jobs they do, looking as smart as they do, for the wages those jobs pay, but you can get well-trained, ambitious middle class migrants from the Baltic states who are interested in careers in hotel and restaurant management. The only Brits you get wanting careers in these industries just aren't posh enough to satisfy the snobbery of the employers involved and many of them lack the basic skills needed. At least with foreigners if they don't have a wide vocabulary and good people skills it's because English isn't their first language and they have a superior attitude, but they are well groomed and business-like into the bargain.

However, business-like isn't the same thing as efficient, and employers seem not to know or care what the difference is. So they employ talking mannequins to mumble a script full of words they have no clue how to pronounce, who cannot answer a query that deviates from the range of answers they are expecting (they ask the questions; you, the customer, supply the answers), who do not understanding the words 'plumbing' or 'cistern' when you report a maintenance issue that it would be in the hotel's interest to fix (the flush lever arm went up and down but the cistern failed to empty three times in 2 days), and who have no idea that the scruffy looking old man in walking gear carrying two large rucksacks is a surgeon, is more posh than they can imagine, and his room has been paid for by a professional body for orthopaedic surgeons, not a mysterious firm of which they have no record called 'Other... Something-Something?'

What irritates me is that so many of them seem to think the customer is an idiot for having no prior acquaintance with the hotel or restaurant's procedures, they seem to think they are better than their customers because they are posh where they come from and they look down on people who don't have expensive tastes, they can barely disguise their contempt for anyone who is so poor and revolting they pay for a hotel booking with £290 in Tesco Clubcard hotel vouchers instead of using a credit card like decent people of consequence, and few of them have grasped the simple equation that you don't rebuke customers gruffly with the words "there is a queue" when there obviously isn't one and the company you work for wants to take upwards of £30 off them for a quick lunch for two.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

I have quite a few things to do in the garden today and it's pissing down ::)

COMMANDO FORCES

Just got back from buying some posts at the fencing shop and when the total came up on the till I had to say that's not right. "Oh yes" said the seller "you've forgot to add the V.A.T."

Why can't they just have two prices next to the product so you can see the true cost for us non business people. The conning c**ts (I did that bit for you Roger)