Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

locustsofdeath!

No doubt many of you are wondering what became of the short story I mentioned in this thread ( ::)). The magazine did indeed own first publication rights and has chosen to exercise - unfortunately, not excorise - those rights; while this particular magazine has folded, the owners intend to launch a new edition "in a year or two" and publish the tale then. Yay.

Peter Wolf

The BT broadband tv ad couple.

They are just really irritating.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

Peter Wolf

Just now i clicked on a website that contained malicious malware or viruses that screwed with my browser and it was a complete pain to shut the window and clear my browser cache in an attempt to get rid of it.Thankfully i managed to do this because it was really starting to piss me off and that was just before i was going to get advice on it.

I am on a Mac so its doubtful that it has further infected my hard drive.

Richmond Clements

QuoteJust now i clicked on a website that contained malicious malware or viruses

You know what we're all thinking, don't you..?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 13 November, 2009, 01:38:10 PM
QuoteJust now i clicked on a website that contained malicious malware or viruses

You know what we're all thinking, don't you..?

Heaven forbid that i should be up to something like that and if my mum found out she would kill me !

I dont actually know how i managed to get rid of it as it 2 restarts that did nothing and 1 force quit and it attempted to sabotage my toolbar and make it unresponsive so i couldnt click on "clear recent history" as it also made it impossible to close the window.

I got rid of the fucker in the end though.

wild-seven

QuoteHeaven forbid that i should be up to something like that and if my mum found out she would kill me !

What's wrong with stamp collecting? That's what his lordship rac meant. Wasn't it?
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

House of Usher

It's been such a busy week, and we make so little rubbish in our house, that we forgot to empty the bins this week and put the rubbish out. Good job we're vegetarian non-smokers, or there'd be quite a stink by the back door by next Friday.
STRIKE !!!

Noisybast

Tesco have run out of scotch bonnet chillis, Asda's are mouldy beyond belief and the "Eastern Foodstore" up the road's aren't far behind. I've managed to get the least worst chillis obtainable round here, but they still ain't great.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: House of Usher on 13 November, 2009, 05:01:17 PM
It's been such a busy week, and we make so little rubbish in our house, that we forgot to empty the bins this week and put the rubbish out. Good job we're vegetarian non-smokers, or there'd be quite a stink by the back door by next Friday.

You think that's bad; here in Leeds, the binmen have been on strike since July.

Yep, you read that right. I certainly support their demands, but that doesn't stop me considering buying some kind of nose filter for the walk to work.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

House of Usher

Quote from: SamuelAWilkinson on 13 November, 2009, 07:10:13 PM

Think I saw this on TV - they're the blokes who are being expected to take a £5,000 a year pay cut aren't they?

:o
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

A ridiculous pay cut.  And if the whole thing goes on, hopefully the resident's anger will be directed at those responsible and not the bin men. 

It's a bit tough on you folks though. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Colin YNWA

Quote from: House of Usher on 13 November, 2009, 07:20:36 PM
Quote from: SamuelAWilkinson on 13 November, 2009, 07:10:13 PM

Think I saw this on TV - they're the blokes who are being expected to take a £5,000 a year pay cut aren't they?

:o

On Look North (our local BBC news) they were saying about one street that hadn't had a collection for 10 weeks. Leeds Council have got private contracters in for people wondering by the way. God knows how much money that's wasting!