Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul faplad Finch

How does the gunship get inside the burning house?
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Mike Gloady

It tends to blow the roof off and bits of wall, causing the fire.  I'll be having a lovely dream with all my mates and family, living and dead, having a great time.  And then BANG the bloody roof comes off and it's death after horrible death.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 16 November, 2009, 11:15:29 AM
I hate stuff like that.  I'm sure the semi-regular night-time hellicopter circling that certain chav neighbours of MINE (the ones from Hallowe'en, attentive Gloady-ites) seem to attract is behind my recent bout of nightmares where I'm chased by a helicopter gunship through a burning house watching all my friends and family be burnt to death and shot into bloody chunks.

Not sure why I shared that.  Apart from sharing that nasty little nightmare with you in the hope it'll spread and be less likely to spend it's evenings at MY house.

I don't like that - no more late night cheese sandwiches for you X
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Mike Gloady

Do you see?

DO YOU SEE WHAT'S HAPPENED NOW?

In trouble for snacking now.  *kicks petulantly at carpet* 'snot fair.

wild-seven

I can't CONTROL you, I don't want to change you - you're your own person. DO YOU SEE?

House of Usher

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 16 November, 2009, 11:15:29 AM
Not sure why I shared that.  Apart from sharing that nasty little nightmare with you in the hope it'll spread and be less likely to spend it's evenings at MY house.

One of my English GCSE students, who is from Brazil, wrote an essay in which she imparts this top tip: if she has a nightmare she turns the pillow over so the bad dream stays on the other side of the pillow and she won't have the same dream again.

Isn't that sweet?  :)
STRIKE !!!

locustsofdeath!

That is sweet. Incredibly sweet.

Refreshing to hear something so innocent. I'm smiling.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Mike Gloady

A nightmare last night and NOW my IBS is playing up something chronic.  BAH! 

Peter Wolf

I have got some patches of plaster to paint on the outside walls in the yard because there is a small window of dry weather [for once] so of course just as i want to do this the weird Twats who have moved out have come back to collect some stuff from the house next door and parked their cars right up against the wall i want to paint and if they dont get lost very quickly it means i will have to ask them to back the cars away from the wall so i can paint it which i dont want to have to do because i dont want to talk to them.

I thought that they had finally moved out late last week and that was it but now they are back again and i just wish they would fuck off permanently.Ugly wierd people they are.

And now they have locked up and gone off somewhere and left the cars where they are which means i have to paint round them.

Well fuck it i have a job to do and now is the only time to do it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Noisybast

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 16 November, 2009, 01:21:54 PM
A nightmare last night and NOW my IBS is playing up something chronic.  BAH! 

Why not try a cheese sandwich? That should settle it...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mike Gloady

wild-seven

Anyone would think I was a terrible, aggresive monster! I'm not - am I?

Mike Gloady

You're a hang-gliding cat.  That's not monstrous.  And I was only joking as you well know.

wild-seven