Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 12 December, 2009, 06:15:05 PM
I had the same thing when I was in hospital with potentially life-threatening testicle woe.

Holy shit! Any form of testicle woe is a Very Bad Thing Indeed, but life-threatening testicle woe? Hope that's behind you now, Mike (the woe, not the testicle).
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

I've forgotten what I was going to put on this thread.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Noisybast on 13 December, 2009, 08:09:49 PM
Holy shit! Any form of testicle woe is a Very Bad Thing Indeed, but life-threatening testicle woe? Hope that's behind you now, Mike (the woe, not the testicle).
It's a heroically scarred, puckered sack now.  I won't bore you with details.
Quote from: TordelBack on 13 December, 2009, 07:03:37 PM
It's a good way of reminding both yourself and your family that the body is only a small part of the person and once it's packed in not worth fussing over.  Dead people get to live on in the memories and through the lives of those they've affected, but we spend our time fixated on a body.  Better to get it out of the way.
It's just meat, and once you no longer exist it starts to go off.  Seems a waste to bin it if you can help future medics prolong, save & improve countless lives.  Not enough people do it.  I urge you all to consider it.

I've just finished my first EVER will and it's in there (as is the no Jovus, Mavis & Jethro).
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Not even Jethro?  I always thought the seed-drill was pretty cool, and as for those flute solos...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 14 December, 2009, 08:35:41 AM
It's just meat, and once you no longer exist it starts to go off.  Seems a waste to bin it if you can help future medics prolong, save & improve countless lives.  Not enough people do it.  I urge you all to consider it.

[/quote]

No shit but i misread your comment as -"future medics prolong , save and improve pointless lives ".

You could live on by becoming a sperm donor.

Imagine the consequences and improvements to the gene pool if i chose to do this...............
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

I don't want kids under any circumstances, the fun of playing with the little blighters might be about the only silver-lining on what, for me, would be a massive cloud. 

No ta. 

House of Usher

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 14 December, 2009, 12:20:37 PM
I don't want kids under any circumstances

Oh, I would if circumstances were different, but they're not, so I don't. It really is circumstances more than anything else that decided me against having any kids ever.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 14 December, 2009, 04:24:31 PM
Oh, I would if circumstances were different, but they're not, so I don't. It really is circumstances more than anything else that decided me against having any kids ever.

Wise words, people.

Mike Gloady

If only more people thought like that.  Or just had the courage to come out and say if, like me, they really really DON'T want any - I know of someone who felt he "HAD TO" for his girlfriend, despite not being at ALL up for it himself.  They've since split up.  Better all round to talk about these things and be honest, both with each other and yourself. 

Bravo Ush.  Can't be an easy decision, but it is the right one.

COMMANDO FORCES

I watched all my footage of the Minty shoot last night on the telly in Widescreen (as I filmed it in 16:9. Now that I've put it onto the laptop it's squished into 4:3. None of my previous stuff has ever done this, aaargh!

COMMANDO FORCES

I just watched a stand in postman deliver my mail and as I went to the door I saw him fold up an envelope that had 'Fragile' tape wrapped around it and push it through the letter box.
I opened the door and my verbal assault took place.

"Excuse me mate can you tell me why you folded this up to push into the letter box when it says FRAGILE all over it, especially as you saw me coming to the door?"

"It's not very stiff so I thought it would be okay."
"How does that work in your head mate, it says FRAGILE and that's how you treat the thing"
Well it didn't feel fragile"
"What, it didn't feel FRAGILE, it has FRAGILE all over the FUCKING envelope you idiot"
"I'm sorry, what more can I do?"
"Here's an idea you moron, when you saw it had the words FRAGILE plastered all over it and you saw me you only had to wait a few bloody seconds as I was about to open the door."

With this I came inside before I really got angry. I opened my ebay victory and all is well. I doubt my next parcel will arrive at all now. Fucking stand in postmen >:(

TordelBack

What is it with these bloody automatic doors everywhere?  I'm under a lot of time pressure at the moment, and whenever I go anywhere I'm forced to break my step and w-a-a-a-i-i-t while a sliding door starts to open and then creaks slowly out of my way.  Hurry the drokk up!

TordelBack

COMMANDO FORCES

Just had to smash the ice in the gutters of the conservatory and then fished it out with my now blue hand. It must be cold down south!

COMMANDO FORCES

I was reading this months SFX and came upon the 'Being Human' article. Now being a show that I like I read the thing in full, imagine how pissed off I was when I read the following!

The "control room" is a bank of monitors and a few folding canvas chairs tucked into one corner; director Colin Teague calls the shots from here, and reads Judge Dredd comics between takes. ("They're not mine," he protests, "they're from Mitchell's bedroom!" but Toby Whitehouse later spills the beans: "Oh he's a total comics geek.")

Let me see, is he trying to say that he's embarrassed to be reading Judge Dredd. For fucks sake, it's bad enough that there are so few British comics (small press excluded, which is thriving from what I can see) in the shops that we get some twat scared to say he likes the comic. I mean if what was said 'he's a total comics geek' is true then he could have at least said that he liked it. I mean, he is directing a series about a Vampire, a Werewolf and a Ghost living together >:(