Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

I was going to make a serious and insightful post on another thread but backspaced all of it and then clicked back to "View Active Topics". Then I realized something: I was scared. I was scared to say something that wasn't coarse, inane, self-consciously incongruent or some combination of all three.

Kerrin

COMMANDO FORCES

Those fuckers at Comet left a message on the answer machine today, whilst I was asleep, saying that the monitor I had paid for and should be collecting today will not be in until Thursday.
British retailing at it's fucking best. No bloody wonder I normally use the web >:(

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 04 January, 2010, 08:06:19 PM
I was going to make a serious and insightful post on another thread but backspaced all of it and then clicked back to "View Active Topics". Then I realized something: I was scared. I was scared to say something that wasn't coarse, inane, self-consciously incongruent or some combination of all three.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 January, 2010, 08:13:50 PM
Those fuckers at Comet left a message on the answer machine today, whilst I was asleep, saying that the monitor I had paid for and should be collecting today will not be in until Thursday.
British retailing at it's fucking best. No bloody wonder I normally use the web >:(

You think thats bad...

I went in one of those places for the first time a few years ago to buy something.I cant remember what i was buying but the place was the size of a fucking aircraft hanger and i had the intention of going in there and paying for whatever i was buying and then leaving the premises with it to take it home as you do and i was actually annoyed that i couldnt do this and was then expected to pay first and then have it delivered when i wanted it right there and then so i left without buying and went somewhere else.

You dont have to do this with Ikea so i dont see why i should have to do it with electrical goods unless the item i wanted was sold out but not because the shop doesnt actually stock anything other than display items.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Those fuckers at Comet left a message on the answer machine today, whilst I was asleep

Hmm. My reaction is: I hope that didn't wake you up.

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 04 January, 2010, 08:28:04 PM
I went in one of those places for the first time a few years ago to buy something.

Maybe time to let it go?  :lol:

QuoteI cant remember what i was buying

Mmm. Definitely time then.

Quotei was actually annoyed that i was then expected to pay first and then have it delivered when i wanted it right there and then. You dont have to do this with Ikea

No, but at Ikea even if you want something delivered, YOU have to go and collect it from the warehouse and take it to the delivery section, because it keeps costs down, but if you order online it just comes straight to your door at no extra cost. What's up with that??

Quoteso i dont see why i should have to do it with electrical goods unless the item i wanted was sold out but not because the shop doesnt actually stock anything other than display items.

Perhaps it's a 'show room.'
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 04 January, 2010, 09:04:48 PM
Those fuckers at Comet left a message on the answer machine today, whilst I was asleep

Hmm. My reaction is: I hope that didn't wake you up.

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 04 January, 2010, 08:28:04 PM
I went in one of those places for the first time a few years ago to buy something.

Maybe time to let it go?  :lol:

QuoteI cant remember what i was buying

Mmm. Definitely time then.

Quotei was actually annoyed that i was then expected to pay first and then have it delivered when i wanted it right there and then. You dont have to do this with Ikea

No, but at Ikea even if you want something delivered, YOU have to go and collect it from the warehouse and take it to the delivery section, because it keeps costs down, but if you order online it just comes straight to your door at no extra cost. What's up with that??

I didnt say anything was up with having something delivered and my point was that i wanted to leave the shop with the object after paying for it.

Whats up with that ??

Roger Godpleton

I've just found out that the toy gun that comes when you pre-order Bayonetta won't be coming with the game on Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xINPjMxM0EI

COMMANDO FORCES

The phone rang at 19:39 and when I answered it, it was a woman from Comet who was letting me know that my monitor was ready for collection. I asked her what time they close and she said "8 o'clock".
"See you soon" I replied and put the phone down.

OPERATION MAD DASH was a go!
"Sam get your boots on and grab your coat, we're off to Comet", I shouted at my son who was upstairs, (the wife was out swimming) whilst I grabbed my keys and the receipt.
Good job there wasn't much snow on the roads as the shop is on the other side of the town. I engaged first gear and moved smoothly through them until we hit Warp 9.9.
Luckily we made it with a couple of minutes to spare and what made me laugh the most was that they checked my receipt 3 times. Jesus Christ they had phoned me up and I had told them I was coming and when I got there I was the only customer in the shop and therefore was the only person here to pick up that monitor.
Sometimes I do wonder.

P.S. Why did they not phone me earlier or better still don't bother until the next day, if it came in that late!

Dog Deever

After you had the monitor in hand, did you manage to crack off some 'you are stupid and shit' type comment before leaving?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Peter Wolf

I got the Them Crooked Vultures CD for Xmas and its f****** awful and i dont have a receipt for it so i cant exchange it for something else.

Roger Godpleton

Looks like I've lost another fucking phone. I should just jump in front of a lorry now.

Noisybast

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 06 January, 2010, 01:12:33 PM
I got the Them Crooked Vultures CD for Xmas and its f****** awful and i dont have a receipt for it so i cant exchange it for something else.

Give it a few listens, Peter. It's a grower.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

COMMANDO FORCES

The Binmen finally emptied our recycling bin today and when I went to bring ours and the neighbours back onto our properties I noticed ours was 3/4 full still.
I rang the twats up and explained the situation, the bloke replied that I may have had something in the bin that I should not have.
I replied "No, we've not had the bin collected for nearly 4 weeks and so that means all the Christmas wrapping paper is in there, along with twice the amount that normally should be in it. This means it's all compressed, so we can actually use our bin. Here's an idea why don't your staff check the bin is empty when it comes back down or would that be too much to ask, that someone does their job properly!"
With this he said they would be round to do it later, well they fucking well haven't. Well done Maidstone Council for yet another SHIT service. Jesus fucking Christ I sometimes wonder how this county keeps going when it seems no fucker can be arsed to put 100% into their jobs nowadays.