Main Menu

Rebellion buys TI Media archive

Started by TordelBack, 28 September, 2018, 01:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Exciting times! . So if Look-In is included in that bundle,  does this mean The Trigan Empire too...?

sheridan

So Rebellion basically owns every British comic character you've ever heard of, except Dan Dare, Desperate Dan and Dennis the Menace?

(to the general public, that is - people here will know an awful lot more comic characters).

TordelBack

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 September, 2018, 01:19:48 PM
Exciting times! . So if Look-In is included in that bundle,  does this mean The Trigan Empire too...?

Being thick there - Trigan Empire was of course Look And Learn,  not Look-In. Bah.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 28 September, 2018, 01:29:54 PM
So Rebellion basically owns every British comic character you've ever heard of, except Dan Dare, Desperate Dan and Dennis the Menace?

(to the general public, that is - people here will know an awful lot more comic characters).

Funny how similar all those names are: Dan, Dan and Dennis.

Trout

This is indeed exciting! Congratulations!

I'm fascinated by this and would love to know what's in the deal. Does anyone know of a list anywhere?

matty_ae

Quote from: sheridan on 28 September, 2018, 01:29:54 PM

Rebellion still don't unfortunately own anything originated in the 1982 Eagle. So they also don't own *Tower King, Thunderbolt and Smokey, *Doomlord, SGT Streetwise, *Joe Soap, Computer Warrior or *13th Floor.

Asterisk = bit of a gem in my opinion

Pyroxian

They own 13th floor as it originated in Scream

PIKLZ

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 September, 2018, 01:19:48 PM

Yes, Rebellion now own The Trigan Empire

Bolt-01

broodblik

The Trigan Empire really looks interesting. Hopefully one day they can own Doomlord (to get a proper reprint)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

PIKLZ

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 28 September, 2018, 02:28:29 PM
PIKLZ? New droid?

I've been around for a few years, have been quiet though

James Stacey

Quote from: PIKLZ on 28 September, 2018, 02:24:03 PM
This has to be the big takeaway from this news. Absolutely immense. It's only been available in mahoosively expensive collections or random stories in a couple of collections, for decades. Please make this a priority for release.

TordelBack

Seconded. I have wanted an affordable, complete, run of Trigan Empire since I was about 8.

Pyroxian

Quote from: James Stacey on 28 September, 2018, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: PIKLZ on 28 September, 2018, 02:24:03 PM
This has to be the big takeaway from this news. Absolutely immense. It's only been available in mahoosively expensive collections or random stories in a couple of collections, for decades. Please make this a priority for release.

Preferably in nice big A3 hardbacks :)

The Monarch

does that mean rebellion own Archie the android again....oh and grimley fiendish and pretty much all the "albion" characters