Main Menu

Best 2000 AD strips of 2019

Started by norton canes, 03 January, 2020, 11:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

Looks like most of the votes might be in, then. I'll give it a couple more days, try and tot up over the weekend.

Southstreeter

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Rogue Judge

1. Jaegir
2. Kingmaker
3. Brink

Jaegir easily gets my top spot. Lots of great options though, and I'd like to see more Fiends.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

1. Full Tilt Boogie
2. Jaegir
3. Thistlebone

norton canes

And here we go. Was a conclusion ever more forgone...?!

1st 2nd 3rd Total
Brink182361
Absalom34219
Jaegir24317
Hope21412
The Fall Of Deadworld5111
Thistlebone12310
Kingmaker317
Grey Area226
Max Normal226
Scarlet traces226
Sinister Dexter215
Defoe114
Fiends Of The Eastern Front114
Full Tilt Boogie114
Indigo Prime22

Taking a hat-trick of victories, Brink continues to outscore the opposition by even greater margins - 26 points in 2017, 30 points in 2018 and a ridiculous 42 points here. An impressive conclusion helps Absalom pip Jaegir to second place, and Thistlebone is the highest placed new strip. Will any of 2020's new arrivals be able to unseat Brink from its throne?

Hope my counting has been accurate. Thanks for voting!

Colin YNWA

Well as we all saw as the votes came in their was only ever going to be one winner but seeing the extent of the winning margin is quite something. Brink gets as many points as the next four stories combined!

The fact that the rest of the field is so cluttered is testiment to both the wonderful diversity of strips in the comic and the wonderful diversity (in terms of opinion I think in the main rock the middle aged white male thing hard!) of you wonderful folks.

Thanks for doing this norton canes, great job.

Proudhuff

Well done Blink and well done Canes!
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Nice one Norton! 

Very interesting to see the spread of positions for various writers: maybe it speaks to the appeal of individual strips rather than 'brand' loyalty. Even Rennie, with very decisive scores for the Nos. 2 and 3 spots, scores Nil Points for his share of Survival Geeks (a strip I really like).  Also great to see relatively fresh faces like Guy Adams and T.C. Eglington placing so strongly.   All very positive.

norton canes

I think strips that were in the prog in a given year's early months might suffer a little when it comes to end-of-year voting. When I was compiling the list I'd actually forgotten that Survival Geeks and Skip Tracer were in the prog at the start of 2019 (which is no slight on either of these stories!).

AlexF

Gah, too late to play along this year. For what it's worth, my votes would've been:

1. Thistlebone
2. Defoe
3. Indigo Prime

-which would've pushed Thistlebone up into the top 3.
I didn't find 2019 to be a stellar year for thrills, to be honest, but there was some lovely, lovely artwork, and that's informed most of my choices here.
Close runner ups for me: Max Normal, Absalom, Survival Geeks and, of course, Brink.

Sean SD

Finally caught up after being months and months behind on progs.

My top 3 for 2019

were Brink, Jaegir and Thistlebone.
with Highly Commended to Scarlet Traces.

Now the plan is to keep up with Progs and Megs from now on!!