Main Menu

Hello New Member Old Reader Coming back home!

Started by metalmarc, 10 September, 2012, 08:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalmarc

Hello my name is Marc, new to the boards!

I First got into 2000ad after the stallone movie in 1995 (i know im sorry  :-[ ) i was 13yrs old, and the first prog i bought was 950 i kept buying until late 1996 or 1997, i borrowed a Few Graphic Novels from a friend like Oz, America, bought a Few like Young Death, Emerald Isle, the 94 or 95 yearbook  :-\

but then in 1997 i just decided i was too old at 15   ::) to read comics anymore due to my increasing fascination with heavy metal, girls, computers etc, so binned ALL of the comics, but kept the few graphic novels i bought, somewhere probally in the attic,

fast forward to 2009 im 27 yrs old i hear that they are supposed to be making a new movie so i get excited buy a few graphic novels again, and a handfull of the casefiles! but i still haven't read them to this day! i bought dredd v death just recent too and when i knew the film was getting closer to coming out i got really excited for all things dredd and 2000ad again

i saw the film on friday afternoon, rushed out to buy the prog with urban on the front and the latest megazine!

i can't rember most of the stories very well at all l, just vague broken pieces of the stories, and vaguley rember some of the main charachters (who could forget Death, the dark judges, mean and the angel gang,, and rico, chopper and then after that it starts to blur)

so here i am pretty much to start all over again as a 2000ad reader and collector (best start with some of my casefiles eh?) Thanks for your time

Beadle68

Hi mark welcome to the boards I too am new to posting on here although i  have been following for a year or two since film was announced  have never posted I think the case files are a great place to get back in touch with all the classic stories that have been told/drawn and likewise the film sparked interest in 2000ad for me all over again (must get all the old 2000ad's out of the loft and read them all from prog 1). HI and welcome. :)

Celtic Chief

Welcome!   An enjoy.  I have been getting caught up myself.   Bolland art, coolin mcneil, carlos etc...  You will have a great time.  Grab a beer, light on and have a blast!!!

Beadle68

will do matey, although i never really stopped reading and drawing dredd much to the wifes annoyance,and now my 8 year old son says daddy why do you always draw Judge Dredd! bless him just doesn't understand when I was his age 2000ad had just come out and there was nothing else like it. It grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and never let go and never will.And as for the artwork it was mind blowing and was good to grow up reading and watching all the great artist developing there styles which i always liked to emulate.So yes with beer firmly planted in hand reading all those old progs will be a pleasure.

Dandontdare

greetings!

It mattereth not how man comes to the way of Grud, only that he cometh. So sayeth THE LAW.

Bat King

Matters... but the man was a juve so we can let him off!

Welcome, for the right reasons this time! Good man!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex