Main Menu

2000AD Southern Contingent Gathering at The Fox: Excel (LSCC) Sat 20th Feb 2016

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 31 December, 2015, 02:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

As like last year we have decided to combine the early gathering of 2016 with the LSCC, so more people will be there and we can have another good evening at The Fox.

After a hard days sketch or signature collecting, or patrolling in various attire or just chatting to creators at the event, this is a great way to unwind and relax.

There is a facebook page with this event on there but I'll be reminding people on here as the date draws closer.

It's on Saturday 20th Feb at The Fox, which is outside the main entrance to the Excel and the gathering will start around 17:00, with the con goers arriving once they are changed.

I look forward to seeing you there!

sheridan

Droids past and present from the House of Tharg include:

• Mark Buckingham
  • Duncan Fegredo
  • Ben Oliver
  • Laurence Campbell
  • Lee Garbett
  • David Lloyd
  • John McCrea
  • Tim Perkins

COMMANDO FORCES

Looks like it's gonna be a great weekend, with those and many more droids on show.

The Fox are putting on a bit of a do on the Saturday evening, which will be good for the contingent.

Mardroid

I thought I wouldn't be able to make it this year* as I've been skint this month.

Then I found out I overpaid substantially on some expenses and (cheque in bank refund later) ticket booked yesterday! I'll try to make it early this time. Relatively speaking. I'm not planning on queuing up hours before...

*Actually, I barely made it last year. I arrived rather late and all the events were finished. It ended up just being an excuse to shop and look at cosplayers, but I did get to hang out with the other Southers after. Which was nice.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's seems that I didn't quite manage to alter my sleep pattern for the weekend as well as I had hoped to. Looks like it's gonna be a very long day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spikes

Have a great time chaps. I wouldn't have minded this, but alas not to be.
Take plenty of photos!

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm sixth in line in the Bolland queue and he's not at his table. Good job I bought an early entry ticket!

Mardroid

I haven't left my home yet, although I will be on my way in a few minutes. I had planned to leave on time to get there just as it opens (or shortly after) but my head felt like it needed more rest, and I thought I ought to get some breakfast as I might not eat until this evening.

At least this year I should make it on time for most of the stuff. I'm not fussed about droid signings, (and I'm too shy to ask for sketches and the like, although that does appeal) so no worries about early queuing there.

Last year I got there late in the afternoon. Most stuff was over, and I was basically confronted with an extra large comic shop, although there were quite a few people in costume still hanging about. I think most of our lot had already gone to the pub. (I found them later with a bunch of more people in costume.)

I did get a couple good bargains though.

sheridan

We've not left home yet (obviously not going to the con itself) so shall see y'all at the Fox when we get there!

Mardroid

Sat in the Miracleman panel presentation earlier, now relaxing in Costa outside.

I was put off of earlier panels due to not being able to hear the speaker properly. (I arrived a bit late so felt shy about moving  loser to the front where I would have heard better, but I think more volume was still required.)

This started too quiet as well but then the moderator turned up the volume.

So was it worth it? Without the panels, not so much. It's basically a big comic shop. That's not such a bad thing, and there are some discounted books if you look around but that's offset by the fact you pay over £20 for the privilege. There are of course, lots of cosplayers who are interesting to look at.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy myself. It's something to do on a Saturday.

There was some right nice original art on the 2000 ad table by the way. In the past I confess, it never really appealed, figuring you can get the whole finished product in the comic for a fraction of the price.

And photos on here, while nice, are not the same as seeing the physically lined item.
Now.... my eyes have been opened.

Gonna pop in for a last mooch around before joining the other southern rascals at the Fox. I also have my uniform to pick up from that army guy.

COMMANDO FORCES

COMMANDO FORCES

COMMANDO FORCES

Just back at the hotel after a wonderful evening drinking and relaxing with the gorgeous Southern Contingent.
Loved every minute of it and chatting to a few of the droids, past and present added to the evening.

I'm sure once people can upload a few photos, they'll pop up.

Roll on FCBD  :D