Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simontm

Speaking of sketches, here's a few from the past:

The lovely Steve Yeowell. The reason there are two is that he was unhappy by his Zenith so told me to come back later for a bonus sketch!

Rogue by Staz Johnson.

And the only Bolland I own  :(

I cheekily asked him for a Dredd and he claimed not to know what he looked like!  :P

hippynumber1

Quote from: simontm on 14 December, 2012, 12:46:07 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 13 December, 2012, 04:28:07 PM
Those Frazer Irving pieces are just fantastic. Really nice,  :thumbsup:
Do you have any other pieces? Always nice to see more original art on here.

Deadlock by Simon Coleby

Now that is cool!  Love it!

Skullmo

Some more Zilk! This was one of my favourite pages so happy to nab it.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

A very lovely page, that Skullmo.
And that Deadlock by Simon Coleby is summat else indeed!

Managed to snag another Dredd prequel page that Henry Flint was selling on E-bay.
Wanted a page featuring Dredd, and a page featuring Ma-Ma, so ive been lucky in that.

And a nice little bonus from Henry was included along with the Ma-Ma page.

Marbles

Slightly OT, but I just picked up a page from the old UK Games Workshop Warhammer comic. Its from an ace strip called 'Bloodquest' by 2000AD stalwart Colin MacNeil,

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Large48

Yep, I think that style that colin also did for 'Fiends' is my preferred one of his, he was really knocking them out of the park!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Steven Sterlacchini

The thing I dislike about this thread is that it inspires me go out and do silly things like buy this page, which was delivered today.

hippynumber1

Nice! That was one I've been looking at...

ming

There really is a lot of nice art in this thread, isn't there?  Great to see more Colin Wilson!

Colin YNWA

Oh one day, one day I'll own a piece of Colin Wilson art, that one is particularly nice.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

A nice vintage Colin Wilson Dredd page would be grand to have.
He's one of those 2000ad artists that hit the ground running. Just lovely stuff!

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 20 December, 2012, 10:31:19 AM
A nice vintage Colin Wilson Dredd page would be grand to have.
He's one of those 2000ad artists that hit the ground running. Just lovely stuff!

Yeah - and I'd love to see more of Colin's work from before he started on 2000AD; there's not much of it about but what I've seen was amazing.  His first 2000AD work was phenomenal (the Dredd page by Colin that I have is from his first commissioned story, although some Future Shocks saw print first) and he just go better and better...  Personally, I like the stripped-back style a little less than the earlier work but he's still a fantastic artist.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=642839&GSub=99159

Fatboydale

Very nice ....

Quote from: Minty on 19 December, 2012, 05:17:06 PM
The thing I dislike about this thread is that it inspires me go out and do silly things like buy this page, which was delivered today.

Colin YNWA

The little bits I've seen of his Blueberry stuff is quite stunning as well, though annoying in trying to find a linkie for here I can't track it down, either my librarian skills have grown weak or its disappeared?