Main Menu

Happy Birthday 2000AD!

Started by Leigh S, 27 February, 2002, 02:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Congratulations on the silver one, green one!

Anybody out there know the exact day 2000AD hit the newstands? I know it was cover dated 26th Feb, but predumably that was the off sale date?

Dean

Its a long time ago but I think it was advertised on Saturday morning tv and I think I bought mine then. This could however be totally wrong!

I seem to recall that although in orbit on the Monday it appeared in the shops on the Saturday. A couple of days in advance of the cover date was certainly the case for UK Marvels around the mid 70's.

paulvonscott

Ah well, Happy Birthday 2000AD, Gawd love ya.

I'll even forgive you for the nineties as a birthday present.  

Actually, I'll forget about the nineties altogether I think.

See thee

Brother PVS

esoteric ed

Happy Birthday indeed! I bought my Issue #1 on the Saturday morning (I dug it out complete with the scratched Space Spinner earlier tonight in a sorta nostalgic mood)

Tomorrow morning I'll collect the Anniversary edition from the very same shop! and then Thursday a school reunion, real old school!

Nostalgia, ain't what it used to be...

Old School Ed

McNulty

Let me also add my congratulations to 2000ad for twenty five years of thrill power. I got my prog today and it didn't dissappoint. "Leaving Rowdy" was a great effort from Wagner with a good bit of introspection from Dredd. It was interesting to see what he kept as mementos from his life.
"A night to Remember" great to see some droids and characters get what's comming to them. Not too sure about the characters from other mags gatecrashing (I've never heard of Marshall Law). Nice to see my old favourites there though Ace, Feek, Sam Slade, Hallo Jones etc.
The Dante story also had an aspect of nostagia in it. The Arbatovs never have much luck with Dante.
All in all, a great prog. Here's to the next twenty five years of my favourite (and increasingly inaccurately entitled magazine)!