V for Vendetta Movie pics

Started by Bhuna, 19 April, 2005, 11:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnystress

In the words of Howie...
" Oh jesus Christ! Nooooo!"

http://www.breathe-festival.co.uk/images/films/wicker/wicker01.jpg">

Matt Timson

It never ceases to amaze that the best parts of any given adaptation are rewritten seemingly for the sake of the few dumb fucks who *might* not get it...
Pffft...

paulvonscott

Those dumb fucks are probably film executives.

Wils

This is sadly now careering towards my 'never watch' list along with League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Highlander 2, which is a real shame, as I was *really* looking forward to this when I read things like the initial press conference.

Conexus

more than a few parallels with the animal farm cartoon, they changed that so it ended with all the animals united against the pigs,rather than a hit in the book,  but that was nothing compared to changing it so that Napoleon hadn't completely allied himself with human farmers, but with other pig dictators, making it completely different , the farmers were only supposed to look like pigs, or,rather that there was no difference between the men and the pigs, in the animals' minds eye. Personally I prefered 1984 and also I'm not a great fan of Brazil, it was just a bit too close to 1984, the character arc of the main character was almost identical, I don't know, I'll stop ranting now.  

LARF

I liked The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

There I said it.

Go on re-buff me.

(I know and I launched that thread about films not sticking to books but hey...)

Adrian Bamforth

"Apparently, at this point in the film the Wachowski's were uncertain of the audience's ability to grasp V as a symbol"

...yet they expected people to understand The Matrix.

ADE

opaque

Well they didn't understand it either, mind you when you nick someone elses ideas I guess that'll happen.
V has now moved to my watch on dvd list if they have to arse about with it.

johnnystress

right...giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe, just maybe this sequence is similar to the part in the comic where eve looks at V and pictures different faces behind the mask?

This could be a riot scene and for a moment we see the crowd like this and..and

nah its probably bollox

nxylas

In case you didn't know (I'm sure there must be someone who doesn't), the smart money is on Purefoy to be the next James Bond, and rumour has it that this was not unconnected to his departure from V.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!