Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 01/07/06, 7pm, ARMY OF GHOSTS...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 01 July, 2006, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Tchh! Now you've gone and ruined the surprise, Wils!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/davros.jpg">

Buddy

Heeeey-exterminate!

Excellent.

My Davros guess can still hold though. That tin box thing the daleks were trailing about could well be him.

Must confess to only seeing the last 15 mins of this as I was caught up in the europhia of England getting put out of the World Cup (you know, the one everyone was banging on about 'this is our (your) year' and 'best England team since 1966, going to win it' etc.... I'll watch repeat tomorrow.

The Amstor Computer

Anyway, now the episode has aired, anyone want to have a guess at where these Daleks come from?

The bronze models are the same as the ones from last series, but the black Dalek is far more like the classic series Dalek Supreme. They don't appear to be alternate universe versions of the Daleks - unlike the Cybus Industries Cybermen.

Are they perhaps an exploratory group sent out into the Void? Or are they another batch of escapees from the Time War?

BTW - anyone else wondering whether Rose will die, but be "regenerated" by some convenient quirk of having looked into the heart of the TARDIS in the finale of series one?

Lobo Baggins

That swine Russel T. Davis STOLE MY IDEA!

I wrote the story of the Darlecks and the Cibermen teaming up to fight Doctor Who!  I DID!

It was three pages long and it had drawings and everything.

If next week has Doctor Who teaming up with Strontium Dog, Amtrak from 'Return to Armegeddon' and Adam Ant and ends in a big battle outside the shops at the end of my road, I SHALL SUE!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

paulvonscott

Dalkes v Cybermen is all they can think of to end a series.  Oh dear.

The Doctor is now irretrievably in my mind, a complete cock.  Ghostbusters indeed you time travelling twat.

Don't like Rose, don't like her mum, don't care what happens to them as long as I never have to see them ever again.  Hopefully they'll fuck off to a rather crap parrallel world to Buffy, because that's where they belong.

I got a bit of a buzz out of seeing the Daleks zoom out, but then, I know that that's all I'm probably going to get out of it.

Tha Abzorbaloff was an episode I quite enjoyed, but it showed me that what I dislike about Doctor Who is at the very heart of the show.  

The Olympics episode was the point where I stopped trying to convince myself this wasn't anything but a load of crap.

Russel T Davies is an absolute nob, and every time I see Doctor Who confidential, I want to punch him.  While he sits around clapping and smarming and backslapping at the script meetings, someone should really stand up and point out it's a load of toss.  Just like Second Coming was.

This stuff is coasting on a brand image that people have a lot of good will invested in.  I stick by what I said early on in series 2, that that's going to be pretty much gone by the end of series 3. At the moment it should be moved to 5pm weekdays to it's spiritual home on CBBC.  Maybe see if Timmy Mallet is available for the next regeneration.

Anyway, got that out of my system.

Jim_Campbell

"Oh, and mind the spoilers for next week, please."

My apologies ... I didn't think spoilers mattered when it was a dreadful load of old shite!

But the apology is genuine: sorry, chap!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bico

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/theboy/doctorwhocover.jpg">

paulvonscott

I never thought I'd say this...

'I agree with bumsex'

Actually I don't think this episode jumped the shark as such, I think more that it's had the same problems since the start, but the guy in charge thinks they are vitues instead of flaws.  He's the boss, so fair enough.

I'm going to watch the TV Movie with McGann tomorrow and see if I enjoy it more than I enjoyed tonights show.

The Amstor Computer

Jim --

Heh, no worries.

It does sound like a pretty awful line, but I'm hoping that whatever they do with the showdown next week will justify putting the Daleks & the Cybermen together for the first time. I have a horrible feeling all it will do is cheapen both, and if it all degenerates into an Aliens Vs Predator style mess, then I'll be joining Paul on the "Fuck RTD" picketline...

Wils

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/whojump.jpg">

Quirkafleeg

Some things that particularly annoyed me...

The fucking great levers on the floor, god how crap were they.

The East Enders bit... because it made no fucking sense (I won't nerd out and explain why because I can't be bothered) and I've just realised it reminded me of the Noel House Party ep...

The Amstor Computer

The levers were particularly unnecessary, weren't they? And at least the other TV shows made sense within the context of the story - even though they were a bit daft, the "ghost forecast", news segments and Trisha show were plausible given what had been going on in the world.

Quirkafleeg

I had to admit the bloke dressed head to foot in Burberry in the Trisha audience made me laugh (I felt guilty as that bit was sooo nicked from Shaun of the Dead)

And I sooo hated the 'let's explain this particular gadget in great detail as it's going to turn up later' bit... that was so cloth-eared.

Leigh S

Well, I could have kind of enjoyed this episode - the only really knobbish thing about it was Tennants fucking Ghostbusters chicken walk shite... actually worse than the drunk scene in the Moffatt one - thats some achievement!  

If they could provide a red button option to edit all scenes of knobbishness from the Doctor  out, they could improve the series 10 fold.

Dudley