Main Menu

...NEW 'LIFE ON MARS' TONIGHT. 9pm BBC 1...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 13 February, 2007, 06:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Great telly, as it should be.

Warning: old git remembering the past alert:
 when I first started working, in the very tail end of the seventies offices looked like that and thats how 'blokes' were, the main 'Regan' actor reminds me of someone I worked with who went on to fake an armed robbery of the PO he was working at then later drunk himself to death, either that and /or Lee Bryreax (sp?) late of Dr Feelgood

Stinger Proudhuff
DDT did a job on me

Dudley

Quite a random comment, but just wanted to say I like Mcwild's new icon.

Steve Green

Heh - it did have a brief spell of being active before, but it disappeared when the board went down for a bit, I didn't know how to reactivate it...

Now I do, thanks to Wake.

Cheers

Steve

The Enigmatic Dr X

LIFE ON MARS SPOILER

Didn't this episode answer the whole "is he in a coma" question? Sam was clearly affected by events in the future - he was choking to death and feeling pain because the Bloke from Hustle was messing with his future self. There was no possible analagous 1970s cause. Therefore, he must be in a coma. Of course, the question is - is he in a coma AND the 1970s? Are we watching a TV version of The Jacket?

ASHES TO ASHES/ LIFE ON MARS SPOILER

I read somewhere (some TV site) that this is confirmed, will be set in the early 80s and will have Gene Hunt as the main character. This suggests that Gene is a "real" person, lending credence to my theory that Sam is both in a coma in the present day and in the 70s. OF course, it could be (as suggested) that this is becasue he has been in a coma SINCE the 70s. Sam Tyler is NOT in Ashes to Ashes as John Simm doesn't want to get typecast which doesn't quite explain why...

DOCTOR WHO SPOILER

Sam Tyler is the Master! Confirmed on various sites and newspapers, including the Sun (Of course). John Simm claims he has always wanted to be a baddy. As if that wasn't enough...

ANOTHER DOCTOR WHO SPOILER, AS BIG AS THE LAST ONE

Rumour has it the Master is "Mr Saxon" and that he makes an appearance in the episode with Derek Jacobi - who seems to be a goody, but then dies and regenerates into John Simm.
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

See, if I hadn't been accidentally exposed to portions of Doctor Who Season 3 scripts, I could get excited about Dr. X's fine spoilers.  However, having read the following Season 3 exchange:

"Once more unto the breech, Shakespeare!"
"Ooh that's good, I'll have to use that... wait, that's one of mine, isn't it?".

No, I'm not kidding, despite reading like a Futurama brain-in-a-jar gag, that's an actual quote from the script.  And there are even worse things in there.

...I can't muster any enthusiam.

Dudley

Sweet Jesus please tell me you are kidding, Tordelback.  

That is, if I'm not mistaken, the poorest joke in Tom Stoppard's Shakespeare in Love, stolen and clumsily buggered up.

I, Cosh

Watched it. Quite liked it, but there was far too much "Oh my head hurts in the future everything I know is a lie" and not enough "Detect me a packet of Garibaldis luv!"
We never really die.

Adrian Bamforth

I'm hoping that before the end of the series we'll have...

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCgsrWTci3M" target="_blank">The police chasing criminals on space-hoppers

TordelBack

Sorry Duds, that's from memory from the Call Sheet for one day's shooting on the Shakespeare episode , but I'm pretty sure it's a close-to-accurate quote.  I could type up the exact line when I get home, but I should warn you that it's pretty mild in comparison to some of the stuff that's in there.  I suppose it could have been cut in editing.  We can always hope.

Quirkafleeg

The Enigmatic Dr X

He's a refugee from the future trapped in a past he barely remembers...

He's a no-nonsense copper with fists of iron but a heart of gold...

They fight crime!
Lock up your spoons!

Tiplodocus

So did anyone record episode one and would they please be willing to post a copy to me?

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Devons Daddy

i cant bloody wait for this

my father is sending me a copy this week.
i like the idea its a two series show only,
make it a classic,up there with the edge of darkness,

which in years to come we will still hold up as outstanding drama.

ashes to ashes?
as good as life on mars with an 80s soundtrack?
damn that sounds great doesnt it. (be honest the average age of us makes this must watch giulty pleasure stuff.)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Radbacker

wonder if ABC will pick this up, no sign of it but they have no problems with Who(just show it 4 months after you).  Does sound good from whats been bandied around here.

CU Radbacker

paulvonscott

"ashes to ashes?  as good as life on mars with an 80s soundtrack?"

Strangely, I don't feel that excited about this.

Still, I'll watch it!