Main Menu

*Sigh* ... I'm not sure why I bother!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 14 November, 2009, 04:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

So that's Dollhouse cancelled.

An odd series with a spiky and uncomfortable premise, it never had "primetime smash" written on it from the beginning, but there was some interesting stuff going on, with some interesting developments (or possibly experiments) coming through in later episodes of Season One and early episodes of Season Two.

It really doesn't seem worth getting invested in the story arcs of any series these days, since they seem to be getting cancelled left, right and centre!

Back to the Firefly DVDs for me, then.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

I think it's my fault as I just bought season one this week.

Richard

And there isn't going to be a third series of Reaper either. Bollocks.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's never ending. Only a couple of years back I committed to Invasion, Surface and Blade: the series (shut it). Lately The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Jericho (which luckily had an extra 6 episodes made to finish the story off).

HdE

Whaaaat???

Man. Sucks to be Joss Whedon, I guess. And he seemed so positive about the backing for this show. What a kick in the teeth.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

TordelBack

Aye.  We've been burnt so many times (American Gothic, Invasion, Crusade, Millennium etc. etc.) that the wife now refuses to start watching a promising series until she knows it's got two full seasons under its belt.  Better to be years behind, but know what you're getting, she reckons. Of course, there's a huge element of self-fulfilling prophecy to all this, akin to the 'trade-waiter' situation.

But for that reason, we haven't watched a minute of Dollhouse yet.  Ah well.

Zarjazzer

Crusade was cool. Even though I only ever saw one or two epsiodes. I presume humanity was wiped out then as after five years the virus thing-ma- bob was going to do us all in.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Tiplodocus

It could be worse.

I really loved SMALLVILLE when it first started.  It's still going on - is it for a 9th season?  But now watching it is a chore - it's worse than doing homework.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Deadwood....sob and WTF did they do to Millenium? 1st series brill, 2nd comfused 3rd utter bilgewater.

and Flashforward will be two if its poor rating but loads more ifit takes of? milk it baby ggggr!

American Gothic I love too
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

well lucky Lost doing it final season, and Battlestar Galactica went well...

but some series got it end rush up cos of next season cancelled, like Angel, but it got great final episode... same with Deadwood... :(

still cant believe that Smallville still on, as every episode just same formula!

so what your best final episode of Series?

lucky for me as i just buy 3 series dvd of Bottom as it will arrives at work on monday, as my fave final episode, when Eddie and Richie gunned down by SAS soldiers, lol!!!

vzzbux

I hold my complete Bottom DVD with high regard.
Had it imported from the good old USofA about 7 years ago as they never released it over here.
"A wazzo pair of jugs" had to be one of the best lines.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Colin MacNeil

I'm just getting into "Defying Gravity" at the moment. It seems like a mix between "Lost" and "Crusade", lots of slow, deliberate character and story development. I'm sure it'll be cancelled soon. But I shall persevere. Better one series of good stuff than nine series of tosh.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 14 November, 2009, 10:44:17 PM
I'm sure it'll be cancelled soon. But I shall persevere.

Really quite soon, I'm afraid, Colin!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.