Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

aw, really was part of my youth... was allowed up late to see Whatever happened to...
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

A common experience, it seems! I never found Likely Lads as utterly hilarious as my Dad did, but I definitely appreciated him thinking I would. Bewes was one of those actors who appeared effortlessly comfortable in everything, but still managed to inject an edge into otherwise cosy characters. RIP.

Prodigal2

Gutted at this. I am a huge Likely Lads fan as in fanatic. Lovely reflective comedy with a melancholic edge.

Bye Rodney/Bob.

karlos

Google Richard Herring's post about meeting Bewes and his subsequent anecdote about Jimi Hendrix.

Marvellous!

WHTTLLads is possibly the best sitcom this country ever produced.

Shame he and Bolam never made it up.

Rest in peace, kidda.

rogue69

singer & teen heartthrob David Cassidy has died aged 67 after suffering acute liver and kidney failure.

Dandontdare

Quote from: karlos on 22 November, 2017, 10:29:14 AM
Google Richard Herring's post about meeting Bewes and his subsequent anecdote about Jimi Hendrix.

Marvellous!

WHTTLLads is possibly the best sitcom this country ever produced.

Shame he and Bolam never made it up.

Rest in peace, kidda.

Love the Hendrix anecdote - I suspect someone has been mucking about with Bewes' Wiki page however - surely this can't be true:
QuoteIn 1984, he successfully toured art centres in the UK with his one-man stage version of the dystopian sci-fi movie, Rollerball.

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 November, 2017, 08:16:40 PM
A common experience, it seems! I never found Likely Lads as utterly hilarious as my Dad did, but I definitely appreciated him thinking I would.

Same!

Still I thought Thelma would be capable of all kinds of things... ahem... in the right hands  :-[  ;) :D

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

and I've used the classic 'I'd offer you a drink but I've only got the four' a few times...
DDT did a job on me

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Richard

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Leaves the world no poorer.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I would like to see Louis Theroux's thoughts on his passing.
You may quote me on that.

Richard

Keith Chegwin, at 60.

The Legendary Shark

Cheggers Plays Pop Yer Clogs.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]