Main Menu

what was this cursed story called?

Started by pielcore, 08 April, 2005, 10:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pielcore

hi all, i'm wondering if someone could help me out. i used to buy 2000 a.d. a long time ago, and there was this one story that used to frighten the life out of me, but i can't remember what it's called. i'll try to describe it, but memories are hazy and specifics may be off slightly, but hey
  it started off in a fairground (i think) and the main protagonist was pulled underground by someone, and he ended up in this crazy subterranean underworld with crazed world war 2 soldier zombies and the like.
     this wouldve been about 1987-89 i think, and for all i know, could be another comic, not 2000 a.d., but i'm pretty sure it was.
 if anyone recalls either the name or the artist or knows if i could get hold of it somehow, if it ended up as a graphic novel or whatnot, then i'd be eternally grateful.
   thanks for the help,  david

pauljholden

Florida's legislature has approved a bill that would give residents the right to open fire against anyone they perceive as a threat in public, instead of having to try to avoid a conflict as under prevailing law," says this AFP piece (see link below)

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050406/ts_alt_afp/uscrimeguns_050406201103" target="_blank">bang bang bang

Funt Solo

Zenith Phase II has a fairground, some subterranean locations and also some nazi flags and stuff (but not zombies, or even a main protagonist):  even if it's not the story you're looking for, it's bloody good.

Sounds like a cross between Zenith, Bad Company and Alice In Wonderland.
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

Tweak72

its not the tower king is it?
or that demon house thing? both from eagle
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Art

Dudley

It's making me think of an episode of The Thirteenth Floor from Scream / Eagle, maybe?

Art

I can almost see the Jesus Redondo artwork...

Tweak72

see it does sound like the kind of thing he would of drawn is he still with us btw?

pielcore

i may be wrong about the zombie thing in retrospect. the thing had a really claustraphobic atmosphere to it and the few panels i remember visually were of someone sinking into the ground and there being lots of decomposing corpses in military uniforms around him. in fact, the fairgound might be something else entirely. and i think it might've actually had some nazi flags too, but i might be conjecturing. it definately had some sort of army thing going on tho. thanks for the help guys :0)

Tweak72

Art

Would it be a Judge Dredd story about Dredd stalking a rooster-headed mutie to the nuked-out ruins of Milwaulki, then getting attacked by zombies? i think that was a story from one of the Annuals. Mike McMahon artwork, IIRC.

Art

Here it is...  

The Fear That Made Milwaukee Famous in the Judge Dredd Annual 1981.

I;m pretty sure that's the zombies and fairgrounds one.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=specials&choice=DREDD81" target="_blank">http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=specia

LARF

Gotcha! That sounds pretty much like the one, the fairground comes alive at night, and the people who died there when the big one went off come back to haunt it...

pielcore