Main Menu

SFX COMIC HEROES - FREE 2000AD MAGNETS

Started by strontium71, 16 February, 2010, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: LARF on 16 February, 2010, 03:30:25 PM
Personally I don't mind what kind of fudge magnet they are, as long as I get to put them on my fridge (wife depending)

Fudge magnet?

FUDGE magnet?  :lol:
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: strontium71 on 16 February, 2010, 11:40:35 AM
just a heads up for all you fellow tooth merch collectors - there is a new magazine from the makers of SFX called Comic Heroes out on the 16 March 10 . the first issue has 2000ad articles in as well as free 2000ad fridge magnets inside! preorder yours now as i'll bet it'll sell out.

What ??

A new magazine from the makers of SFX called Comic Heroes and 2000ad features 2000ad ?

Is this a wind up ?

Actually thats pretty good news.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 16 February, 2010, 04:09:08 PM
I shall make an uneducated guess as to what these gifts will picture.
I reckon Dredd will be one and the 2000AD logo will be another!

Decorate the outside of the Helltrek van with them.

Personally I don't mind what kind of fudge magnet they are,

I just thought of a joke after reading "Fudge Magnet".All wasted though as its not fit for print.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Emperor

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 February, 2010, 05:55:32 PM
Personally I don't mind what kind of fudge magnet they are, as long as I get to put them on my fridge (wife depending)

Fudge magnet?

FUDGE magnet?  :lol:

the fudge packer's equivalent to a fanny magnet? I knew a guy who spent one of his Summer holidays as a fudge packer (we were discussing summer jobs and he came from Cornwall, he also spent one summer in a Cornish pasty factory putting them in boxes), so I assume this would be what would happen on Friday nights when you go down the pub straight from work and reel in the womenfolk with your faintly caramelised/sugary scent.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Trout

I reckon CF should tell is if this is any good, and save the rest of us the bother.
:D

Kerrin

Is it the Kev Walker designed fridge magnets from way back when?

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: King Trout on 16 February, 2010, 08:46:42 PM
I reckon CF should tell is if this is any good, and save the rest of us the bother.
:D

I shall make that my mission. This means a week before the release date I shall be popping into a shop I know each day that doesn't believe in embargo dates and you never know I may get it slightly before the 16th.

Colin YNWA

Not sure if this will be the final cover but found this

From here http://www.collectorsworldstore.com/feb101184.html If this is the final cover doesn't look like the magnet will be with issue 1?

COMMANDO FORCES

Nope that's not it. I have that already as it came out a few months ago and was as far as I was concerned a rip off. That was the cover of the bag and the actual cover of the mag is that picture in the bottom right corner.
The Dredd bit was a BLOODY REPRINT with a few added words here and there.

Colin YNWA

Whoops sorry. Look like the website used the image of the previous release you mentioned.

Out of interest is this the content of the issue you got?

"Comic Book Heroes is a new quarterly magazine from the makers of SFX magazine, celebrating the best in modern comics and the finest in retro. The debut issue features a guide to Iron Man ahead of the new movie. It will also boast retrospectives on Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth and Tintin, interviews with top industry pros like Joe Quesada and Geoff Johns, the biggest comics reviews section in the business, a 6-page preview of an upcoming book, plus columnists and free gifts."

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 17 February, 2010, 04:19:42 PM
Whoops sorry. Look like the website used the image of the previous release you mentioned.

Out of interest is this the content of the issue you got?

"Comic Book Heroes is a new quarterly magazine from the makers of SFX magazine, celebrating the best in modern comics and the finest in retro. The debut issue features a guide to Iron Man ahead of the new movie. It will also boast retrospectives on Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth and Tintin, interviews with top industry pros like Joe Quesada and Geoff Johns, the biggest comics reviews section in the business, a 6-page preview of an upcoming book, plus columnists and free gifts."

CF tasted-tested that bad boy here:

www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26512.0.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

strontium71

this blurb is actually the correct blurb for the new issue 1 as it contains the cursed earth article.
...because I hate you.

strontium71

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 16 February, 2010, 02:16:25 PM
There will be 2000 AD magnets bagged with the issue - just not the ones we would have wanted...

i'm still confused as to what the ones you wanted were? 3D ones perhaps?
...because I hate you.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: strontium71 on 17 February, 2010, 07:11:25 PM
Quote from: Robo-K33F on 16 February, 2010, 02:16:25 PM
There will be 2000 AD magnets bagged with the issue - just not the ones we would have wanted...

i'm still confused as to what the ones you wanted were? 3D ones perhaps?

We sent them a vast selection of classic images to use, painstakingly collected after approval was passed by Tharg himself. They somehow managed to use hardly any, and what they did get printed up...god only knows where they got those images from.

Nobody came back to us for approval which is very dissapointing; another opportunity missed.

I only bring this up, as I don't want any of you guys to go out and buy this soley for the 'zarjaz'free magnets.

Mike Gloady

Sounds like "not nearly so zarjaz as perhaps they could've been" fridge magnets. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Van Dom

What a bunch of dicks. What a kick in the teeth as well.
Assholes!!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!