Main Menu

SFX COMIC HEROES - FREE 2000AD MAGNETS

Started by strontium71, 16 February, 2010, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 18 February, 2010, 09:35:22 AM
I only bring this up, as I don't want any of you guys to go out and buy this soley for the 'zarjaz'free magnets.

As if anyone in their right mind would do that :crazy:

HOO-HAA

I'll be all over that like a rash.

It would be very cool to have a Dredd fridge magnet.

Thanks for the heads up!  :D

longmanshort

Oh, and it's not going to be about the Cursed Earth - it'll be about the Apocalypse War ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: longmanshort on 18 February, 2010, 08:03:46 PM
Oh, and it's not going to be about the Cursed Earth - it'll be about the Apocalypse War ...

That's what you think, just look at the fridge magnet fiasco :lol:

Dash Decent

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 18 February, 2010, 09:35:22 AM
Quote from: strontium71 on 17 February, 2010, 07:11:25 PM
Quote from: Robo-K33F on 16 February, 2010, 02:16:25 PM
There will be 2000 AD magnets bagged with the issue - just not the ones we would have wanted...

i'm still confused as to what the ones you wanted were? 3D ones perhaps?

We sent them a vast selection of classic images to use, painstakingly collected after approval was passed by Tharg himself. They somehow managed to use hardly any, and what they did get printed up...god only knows where they got those images from.

Nobody came back to us for approval which is very dissapointing; another opportunity missed.

As the copyright holders, can they use images you haven't sanctioned?

I know it's not worth starting a bunfight, particularly as I'm sure you want to keep SFX open to the idea of 2000AD-related articles, but would it be worth sending them a polite note to point out how much trouble you went to, and how good the images you supplied were versus the ones they used, and asking why they didn't come back for clearance?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dandontdare

or just send them a Rigellian hotshot, it's quicker.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

LARF

QuoteThat I wanna see!

Snowy! No Snowy, NO! Snowy NO, NO SNOWY AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! [crunch, chomp, burp]

COMMANDO FORCES

COMMANDO FORCES

It looks as if the fridge magnets are at the top of the front cover so have a look at these:-

COMMANDO FORCES

HOO-HAA

Splendid - Mr Ewing AND fridge magnets! Go Tharg!  :D

COMMANDO FORCES

There is a rumour on facebook that this is out now. I have to wait till 12:00 in case the postman brings me some Dredd ebay winnings before I can pop down the town, Damn!

Steven Sterlacchini

I took a quick trip to WH Smiths and couldn't find it. I've put one on reserve at OK comics.

Steven

COMMANDO FORCES

Damn, nothing in any of the shops down town. I even went into the embargo breaking shop (he puts everything on his shelves as soon as it arrives) and he didn't have it. Looks like I'll be up early tomorrow to get it as I have things to do a bit later!