Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Dodsy on 26 May, 2016, 12:19:49 PM
Would be great to hear some shows about Preacher, Nikolai Dante, the Dredd mega epic and Button Man in future shows (to name but a few).

I bagsied Buttonman so hopefully that'll get recorded soon! A Nikolai Dante series eh? Now you're talking...

Eamonn Clarke

Lured by the promise of a pasty and a cuddle Pete Wells joins me in Mega City Book Club to discuss one of the all time classic Dredd tales.

In your podcatchers now and also on the slightly rejigged blog site.
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/mega-city-book-club-2-america.html

Let us know what you think.
Cheers

SpongeJosh

Brilliant podcast Eamonn. Made me want to read America again.

Both episodes have been really enjoyable. Keep up the good work. 

Dandontdare

Another very enjoyable episode. I noticed that Pete mentioned "Hester Hyman's husband" a few times without actually remembering his name - it's that attention to detail that wins quiz trophies, Pete  :D

Eamonn Clarke

Episode 3!

I'm joined by Jim Moon from the Hypnobobs podcast to discuss The Cursed Earth and to look forward to the new edition.
Podcast available on iTunes and other podcatchers, all details at  megacitybookclub.com

Please follow, like and share on Facebook, Twitter and Justgiving.com.
Email any suggestions, comments, or book nominations to mcbcpodcast@gmail.com

Cheers.
Eamonn

Hawkmumbler

SpongeJosh

These podcasts are my favorite on the web. Another brilliant episode!

Love the enthusiasm everyone has for their chosen books.

:thumbsup:

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: SpongeJosh on 28 June, 2016, 01:28:58 PM
These podcasts are my favorite on the web. Another brilliant episode!

Love the enthusiasm everyone has for their chosen books.

:thumbsup:

Wow, Spongejosh, thanks. It's an enthusiastic podcast.
Pick a book and come join us?

SpongeJosh

shaolin_monkey

This is great - I've thoroughly enjoyed listening to people share their favourite books. Out of those so far it's a tough choice, but Pete Wells was very convincing re America, and how it depicts the Judges.

Eamonn Clarke

Episode 4, in which I'm joined by Tony Richards in the Crown and Anchor for a brief discussion of Devlin Waugh: Swimming in Blood. There is some background noise as it's difficult to find a quiet spot in a London pub.

I'm going to move up the release dates so the next episode on Mandroid with Steve Green will be out in 2 weeks.

Cheers.