Main Menu

No Title

Started by jamesie, 04 March, 2003, 11:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

mmm yeah, tonight matthew I shall be the obbssessed stalker...
i got it all on tape, scrumptious, i liked the bit with the laser guided missiles.

Proudhuff

Shoulder mounted always fancied that, hey I'll have my day in Court!
(but what to wear?)

MaiddenPus
DDT did a job on me

Wils

Orange hotpants, pink spangly boob-tube and paratrooper boots?

Proudhuff

That would need leg shaving or waxing and I'm not doing that again this month, pehaps spandex and a boobtube, nice...

Glamourpus
DDT did a job on me

paulvonscott

I still want to give Rogue a bit longer, but I'm starting to have a nasty feeling it's a cursed strip.  A genuine classic of 2000AD for it's time, it's rarely worked since GFD left.

Currently two of AD's greatest characters Rogue and Alpha are languishing in comic limbo. I'm sure a few people think they should stay there, but I dunno, surely something can be done.

Queen Firey-Bou

heres, tuppence re-the floundering (& deid) alpha & roguey heros.... mebbe the time for individual macho heros is passe', look at VCs theres a whole team work thing going on. Dredd himself even represents a whole body of stoic dudes. mebbe these guys aren't going to get anywhere until the cultural social trend of being part of something is supersceded once again by the cult of individual self-determination. Its politicans messing with our zeitgeist again see.

& Dantes an anti-hero before you ask.

Proudhuff

PVS there is something that can save em both young Wils's Orange hotpants, pink spangly boob-tube and paratrooper boots ensamble.
You know it makes sense

DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

'I still want to give Rogue a bit longer, but I'm starting to have a nasty feeling it's a cursed strip. A genuine classic of 2000AD for it's time, it's rarely worked since GFD left.

Currently two of AD's greatest characters Rogue and Alpha are languishing in comic limbo. I'm sure a few people think they should stay there, but I dunno, surely something can be done. '

That's more or less what I think too. Johnny Alpha is me all time favorite comic hero, and I was prepared to let him go. But at the same time, it's kind of nice to have him back.
There is an arguement that dead characters should stay dead, but there are plenty who should be dead but still get dragged back.
At the time. I thought Dante should have died at the end of the war, to create a mindblowing unforgettable ending. I was unsure when he came back... could he be as good as he was before? Thank god- he was! Maybe rogue and johnny will come round too.

Link: rac