Main Menu

2018: forthcoming thrills..

Started by janus stark, 05 January, 2018, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

So, the decks are being cleared in the JDM for Meg 400.  Any word on what's going to start in 400 (other than Storm Warning)?

broodblik

Quote from: sheridan on 21 July, 2018, 09:40:34 AM
So, the decks are being cleared in the JDM for Meg 400.  Any word on what's going to start in 400 (other than Storm Warning)?

https://www.newsarama.com/40567-rebellion-september-2018-solicitations.html
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dandontdare

Quote from: broodblik on 21 July, 2018, 09:47:10 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 21 July, 2018, 09:40:34 AM

https://www.newsarama.com/40567-rebellion-september-2018-solicitations.html

ooh some nice titbits there for September - Brink's coming back, as is Kingdom, and I'm very excited about Fiends of the Eastern Front 1812 - Napoleonic vampires! Also, Lawless in the Meg (yay!) and Mind Wars from Starlord in the floppies.

broodblik

........and don't forget the return of Skip Tracer  :D :D :D
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

Especially looking forward to Kingdom and The Torture Garden!

Dandontdare

Quote from: broodblik on 21 July, 2018, 10:07:32 AM
........and don't forget the return of Skip Tracer  :D :D :D

well I've already forgotten what happened in the first one....   :lol:

Colin YNWA

There is just to look forward to in both Prog 2100 and Meg 400. As for Skip Tracer I remain optimistic that after the stumble in the first series we get a little more focus on why we should care for our lead, it it lands that we could have a good thrill on our hands and Tharg must have seen something in it to have commissioned two series back to back?

broodblik

Richard

That's a rather spoiler-heavy review!!!

gameluvah

October solicitations are up!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/25/2000ad-rebellion-solicits-october-2018/

I am all over those 13th Floor and Black Max books! Not to mention the Scream and Misty special (Dig that cover!) and the usual progs and megs.

Does anyone know what Ales Kot is writing? His stuff is really hit and miss with me.

Frank

San Diego ComicCon 2000ad Panel 2018

Wagner returns to Dredd in Megazine 400*

Prog 2100 sees Rob Williams & Henry Flint catch up on Judge Smiley in The Small House

Colin MacNeil replaces Paul Marshall as artist on Skip Tracer: Legion**

Ian Edginton's doing the Fiends Of The Eastern Front prequel. Explains the 19th-century setting.

* The Trouble With Harry, described as 'royal shenanigans'

** As he did on The Corps

Bolt-01

Rather amusingly in Something Wicked 07 we did a 'Fiends of the Eastern Veldt' strip which involved both vampires and zombies...

Script by the Emperor and art by Adam Bolton.

Link to the comiXology version

Proudhuff

Quote from: Frank on 01 August, 2018, 01:27:36 PM

Wagner returns to Dredd in Megazine 400*

Prog 2100 sees Rob Williams & Henry Flint catch up on Judge Smiley in The Small House

Colin MacNeil replaces Paul Marshall as artist on Skip Tracer: Legion**

Ian Edginton's doing the Fiends Of The Eastern Front prequel. Explains the 19th-century setting.

There's a fair bit to lift my chin there:
The Mighty W back on Dredd with Royalty  :thumbsup:
Flint on Judge Smiley, Happy Shrapnel could even make Skippy un skipable, and after Ian Edginton's  Shirley Holmes Victorian exploits, it looks like the rest of the year could be rather tasty  :D :D 
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 August, 2018, 04:24:06 PM
Quote from: Frank on 01 August, 2018, 04:24:06 PM
Colin MacNeil replaces Paul Marshall as artist on Skip Tracer

Happy Shrapnel could even make Skippy un skipable

It seems like MacNeil's in the same position as Massimo Belardinelli was in the late eighties; an artistic legend, hugely popular with readers, but without a regular strip to call his own.

I have a lot of goodwill for Skip Tracer - just because it's an original creation, rather than a reboot - but something tells me this isn't the end of editorial's search for a foot that fits his glass slipper.

The obvious solution would be to crown him the main artist on Dredd, so I assume MacNeil's temporarily bored of that and wants to spread his wings a little. I wish Defoe had worked out for him (and for Mills).

broodblik

Quote from: Frank on 01 August, 2018, 04:44:30 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 August, 2018, 04:24:06 PM
Quote from: Frank on 01 August, 2018, 04:24:06 PM
Colin MacNeil replaces Paul Marshall as artist on Skip Tracer

Happy Shrapnel could even make Skippy un skipable

It seems like MacNeil's in the same position as Massimo Belardinelli was in the late eighties; an artistic legend, hugely popular with readers, but without a regular strip to call his own.

I have a lot of goodwill for Skip Tracer - just because it's an original creation, rather than a reboot - but something tells me this isn't the end of editorial's search for a foot that fits his glass slipper.

The obvious solution would be to crown him the main artist on Dredd, so I assume MacNeil's temporarily bored of that and wants to spread his wings a little. I wish Defoe had worked out for him (and for Mills).

I am just glad his back on something. I believe if he used the same style as he did on Defoe he would have been a great option on "Fiends Of The Eastern Front".

Skip Tracer I had no problem with and don't mind that it is back