Main Menu

2018: forthcoming thrills..

Started by janus stark, 05 January, 2018, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: wedgeski on 21 August, 2018, 02:21:47 PM
Best news ever.

2000 AD PROG #2100 SPECIAL
A brand-new roster of stories start in the bumper Prog 2100! Judge Dredd finds a secret hidden beneath the rubble in "Unearthed"; cop Bridget Kurtis goes undercover to investigate cult behaviour in Brink: High Society; a new dispatch from the vampires-at-war saga Fiends of the Eastern Front in "1812," as the action moves to the Napoleonic Wars; Skip Tracer Nolan Blake enters his brother's mind in "Legion"; and Kingdom returns in "Alpha and Omega" as Gene the Hackman crashes back to Earth, pursued by the Masters. Plus much more!

The Dredd story mentioned above is called  "The Small House"
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

JOE SOAP

John Wagner: I'm working on 1. Season 2 of Rok of the Reds, the alien football comic with Alan Grant, Dan Cornwell, Abby Bulmer and Jim Campbell. 2. Dredd: Machine Law, a follow up to Harvey. 3. Spector, a new series for the Judge Dredd Megazine with Carlos Ezquerra.

https://downthetubes.net/?p=99897

Spector might be the previously announced reworking of the Sam Street character from the early 1980s.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2013810272224899&id=1943326612606599

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 21 August, 2018, 02:44:35 PM
2000 AD PROG #2100 SPECIAL
A brand-new roster of stories start in the bumper Prog 2100! Judge Dredd finds a secret hidden beneath the rubble in "Unearthed"; cop Bridget Kurtis goes undercover to investigate cult behaviour in Brink: High Society; a new dispatch from the vampires-at-war saga Fiends of the Eastern Front in "1812," as the action moves to the Napoleonic Wars; Skip Tracer Nolan Blake enters his brother's mind in "Legion"; and Kingdom returns in "Alpha and Omega" as Gene the Hackman crashes back to Earth, pursued by the Masters. Plus much more!

Dave Taylor is going to be on art duty for Fiends of the Eastern Front with words provided by Ian Edginton
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

Dave Taylor on Fiends...?! Oh my goodness. That's a marriage in heaven, right there!
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Well this is good news!

Dave Taylor doing Napoleonic vampires.  Given his fabulously detailed settings, that could be truly amazing.

Plus Kingdom and Brink back in the same prog! Pure elation, that feeling is.

A second chance for Skip Tracer to impress is welcome as well - from that blurb, it looks like they are foregrounding the psychic dimension, which SEEMS to be the USP of the character, Deckard meets Wolfie Smith sort of thing?  TBH it was hard to tell.

Not so mad about a longish Rob Williams Dredd - while I definitely appreciate the craft and the originality of his approach, plus the Flinty goodness which adds so much, they generally aren't my thing. 

But the prospect of a follow-up to Harvey, one of my favourite recent Dredds, is something to tide me over! Fingers crossed McCrea is back on scribbles, he was fantastic on the original story.

Oh yum yum yum.

broodblik

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 August, 2018, 05:47:40 PM
But the prospect of a follow-up to Harvey, one of my favourite recent Dredds, is something to tide me over! Fingers crossed McCrea is back on scribbles, he was fantastic on the original story.

Oh yum yum yum.

When is this coming to the Prog ? Hopefully early next year and not later in the year.

Frank

Anna Kohl - Strawberry Delight*
Daniel Calhoun - Hazelnut/Triangle Noisette
Bergerac - Toffee Penny
Armoured Gideon - Toffee Deluxe

*This guide says Strawberry Dream, but I think it's Strawberry Delight. Probably changed the name because of bonkers and/or barmey EU bureaucrats. That's another thing we can take back next March.

Woolly

Quote from: Frank on 23 August, 2018, 05:56:31 PM

Anna Kohl - Strawberry Delight

Under the wrapper of a Hazelnut Noisette, surely?

Frank

Quote from: Woolly on 23 August, 2018, 06:21:48 PM
Under the wrapper of a Hazelnut Noisette, surely?

I remember Strawberry Delight having green on the wrapper at some point in the past, but I'm prepared to accept that might belong in the same category of false memory/delusion as an extra 350 million quid per week for the NHS.

sheridan

Quote from: Frank on 23 August, 2018, 05:56:31 PM
*This guide says Strawberry Dream, but I think it's Strawberry Delight. Probably changed the name because of bonkers and/or barmey EU bureaucrats. That's another thing we can take back next March.

Nah, Boris is too busy at the moment to make up any more stories right now about EU laws - keep him away from the editorship of any newspapers though, who knows what lies he'd come up with?

broodblik

broodblik

It looks like Mind Wars are planned for Meg #402

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 23 August, 2018, 08:46:02 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 23 August, 2018, 07:29:49 PM
Upcoming from Rebellion for the month of November:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08/23/rebellion-2000ad-solicits-november-2018/

David Hine?  That's after a gap of about 22 years since last contributing to the GG.

In the interim done some damned fine comics elsewhere. Particularly 'Bulletproof Coffin' and 'Cowboys and Ants' both with the genius that is Shaky Kane. Lovely chap too.

Glad to have him back in Thargs bosom.