Main Menu

Original art 2000AD prog 2 sell for $90,000.00

Started by Tarantino, 27 May, 2020, 06:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

I have just spotted this on the Heritage Auctions website and was amazed to see that the original art for 2000AD prog 2 sold for $90,000.00. I think this was last year. Amazing to see. Also I was surprised to see that they've sold quite a lot of original 2000AD art on their website, which is based in the states, I didn't realise there were so many fans stateside.

I hope the link below works.

Tarantino

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/complete-story/mike-mcmahon-2000-ad-2-judge-dredd-first-appearance-complete-5-page-story-original-art-ipc-1977-/a/7212-91049.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515&fbclid=IwAR2FBGYs03jerWsU_Mdmr0Vtrhb2QjiVzISqpKxb9ZbQi2-z3XS2JlNqJ-4

Tarantino

I just realised, I think you may have to join up to view the sale.

Leigh S

thought this came up for sale a short while back?  Maybe the story came out, but the auction is only now!

Tarantino

DeadBeat

Serious money that!

Nice to see you still around by the way, Tarantino.
I haven't been on the boards for a few years (about 15 to be precise). I bought a set of progs from you back in 2004 when I lived on the Isle of Man.

Tarantino

I remember you, nice to here from you again. Did you take the collection with you?

Oh and I'm only on here a few times a year, just to catch up with the 2000AD world.  :)