Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Of those: Dredd's good, I've enjoyed Durham Red's reboot so far, Proteus Vex has been bonkers and I hope survives the art shift intact, Hershey worked for me, and Sláine... exists.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 October, 2020, 02:44:51 PM
Of those: Dredd's good, I've enjoyed Durham Red's reboot so far, Proteus Vex has been bonkers and I hope survives the art shift intact, Hershey worked for me, and Sláine... exists.

This is exactly where I'm at and I'm hopeful this will be a 4 out of 5 line up for me.

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 October, 2020, 02:44:51 PM

Hopefully Lynch can deliver on Proteus Vex. The first arc was great and with Flint's out-of-this-world concept art it made the strip just awesome.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sintec

Also interesting to note that 2000ad Regened will be getting a collection.

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: Guatemala - Paperback, 128 pages, 22nd June 2021

Viva los humanos! A deathbed request sends Judge Dredd on a diplomatic mission to Guatemala, a dictatorship ruled by the despotic robot El Presidente. Under the military rule of robots, humans are enslaved, trafficked and farmed for parts. El Presidente seeks to expand its repressive regime - and if Mega-City One doesn't give into its demands, its nuclear arsenal will blow the city off the map! From legendary Judge Dredd scribe John Wagner and fan favourite artist Colin MacNeil comes an action-packed Dredd tale of robots and revolution! Also featuring bonus Dredd stories with art by Carlos Ezquerra and Henry Flint!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: sintec on 23 October, 2020, 06:59:46 PM
Also interesting to note that 2000ad Regened will be getting a collection.

2000 AD Regened - Paperback, 144 pages, 6th July 2021

2000 AD Regened is a thrill-powered collection for earthlets of all ages, featuring your favourite 2000 AD characters! Reimagined versions of classic characters like Dredd, Judge Anderson and Johnny Alpha star in action packed adventures alongside brand new characters, specially created for a younger audience. It's a race against time as Cadet Dredd and his clone brother Rico have to defuse a hostage situation in 'Bad Seeds'. When Judge Anderson encounters a malevolent force trying to turn the kids of Mega-City One into swots she has to RESTORE mayhem to the streets. Other characters include Pandora Perfect: futuristic criminal, terrible babysitter and all round bad 'un, teenage mutant bounty hunter Johnny Alpha and the return of ghostbusting duo Finder and Keeper. All this and more in the second volume of 2000 AD's celebrated series of all-ages science fiction stories!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 37 - Paperback, 22nd July 2021

He's been a thorn in Dredd's side since the Apocalypse War, but will Orlok the Assassin finally be brought to justice? The latest in the best-selling series of Judge Dredd's adventures sees the future lawman and the Sov killer come face-to-face for what could be the last time. Will justice be served? Or will Orlok escape again? Meanwhile, Dredd investigates the twisted machinations of Judge Edgar, the Machiavellian head of the Public Surveillance Unit, and superstar writer Garth Ennis (Preacher, The Boys) returns to write his final Dredd story, drawn by John Higgins (Watchmen).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Hershey: Disease - Paperback, 96 pages, 17th August 2021

Hell hath no fury like Barbara Hershey! You think you know her story. Chief Judge of Mega-City One, Barbara Hershey had been a powerful ally to Judge Dredd, until she became infected with an alien pathogen and - supposedly - died. But little do the citizens and judges of Mega-City One suspect that Hershey's death was faked. Now, join fan favourite character Judge Hershey as she embarks on a new adventure beyond the grave and beyond the walls of Mega-City One, to right the wrongs of her past and dispense justice! Critically acclaimed creative team Rob Williams and Simon Fraser, whose previous collaborations include Judge Dredd, Nikolai Dante and Shimura, tell a globe-spanning, gritty story of retribution.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Sorry, missed this one as the cover made me think it was just the prog.

2000 Ad Regened: A Thrill-Powered Comics Collection for Earthlets of All Ages! -  Paperback, 96 pages, 7th January 2021

Join Cadet Dredd in an astonishing all-new caper! Discover how Johnny Alpha became a teenage bounty-hunter Strontium Dog! Alien delinquents DR and Quinch hijack Free Comic Book Day!

All this and more awaits in 2000 AD Regened - a brand-new comics collection featuring all-ages re-imaginings of the all-time great legacy characters from The Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Andy B

Quote from: Dash Decent on 26 October, 2020, 12:30:21 PM
Paperback, 128 pages...

...featuring bonus Dredd stories with art by Carlos Ezquerra and Henry Flint

Interesting... given the page count, can we deduce that 'Ladykiller' must be in here? If so, great news and about time!

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 October, 2020, 01:02:52 PM
So January line-up confirmed as:

Dredd (of course)
Durham Red
Proteus Vex
Hershey
Slaine

I think that's strong but also suspect it might be a bit devicive!

It's a 60/40 for me.
I found the Durham Red "reboot" a touch too anemic, but at least I will read it - unlike Hershey.

Very happy to see Mike Carroll back on Dredd.

AlexF

I get people being disappointed with the overall plot of Hershey - but did you really not enjoy the craft of the way it was told? I can get lost in Fraser's art all day.

Rately

Quote from: AlexF on 28 October, 2020, 10:05:48 AM
I get people being disappointed with the overall plot of Hershey - but did you really not enjoy the craft of the way it was told? I can get lost in Fraser's art all day.

The art on the series was phenomenal, but i think, obviously, the sting of disappointment soured so many, to what would otherwise have been a decent to good story accompanied by stunning art, that would probably have elevated it in other circumstances.

Colin YNWA

I'm with you. Regardless of how the premise might have annoyed the heck out of folks, me I'm fine with it, I think as a series in and of itself it was blinding. Visually one of the most exciting stories for some time and I felt a damned good read.

Fully appreciate there a lot of folks who feel very differently about that!

broodblik

I actually enjoyed the story and the art is there to supplement and support the story. So from my point-of-view I am glad we getting another chapter.  Maybe the reason why so many people do not like it is is that Hersey "must" be dead how can she be alive?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.