Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

Quote from: broodblik on 19 January, 2021, 08:31:56 AM
Here is another article on Rebellion's release schedule but with nice big covers:

https://downthetubes.net/?p=124248

Thanks for the extra link, I keep forgetting to look.

Not happy with the decisions though. Thistlebone with 64 pages gets a hardcover, but Torture Garden is only digital? Bizarre. I like papery things. I have absolutely no interest in replacing a collection of papery things with digital. It's a book or nothing.

broodblik

Lorenzo it took me awhile mentally to get over the digital versus paper. I am now completely digital and unfortunately I think in the future we will see more and more digital only publications.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Still no word on Specials for 2021 I take it?

SBT

Lorenzo

Quote from: broodblik on 19 January, 2021, 11:09:31 AM
Lorenzo it took me awhile mentally to get over the digital versus paper. I am now completely digital and unfortunately I think in the future we will see more and more digital only publications.

Well that would be a shame. Maybe they wont miss my sale if many others prefer digital, but I like to see art in print, where it can breath. Where I can really appreciate the skill of the artist. I just don't get the same experience viewing a shiny iPad.

broodblik

Lorenzo  nothing will ever beat the feeling of paper between your fingers. My main reason for going digitally is the available and cost of shipping to my region. I now have access to my prog without the need to wait for more than 3 months (and hopefully I will get the parcel)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Lorenzo

Yeah I get that! Living in South Africa (?) and waiting three months for your weekly thrill does put a different gloss on things. Even so, I still think I would want my collections in a book!  ::)

broodblik

The best solution would have been to have each release in the 3 formats: HC, SC and D

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 19 January, 2021, 11:39:03 AM
The best solution would have been to have each release in the 3 formats: HC, SC and D

For values of "best solution" that include "not making any money", sadly.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 January, 2021, 11:54:46 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 19 January, 2021, 11:39:03 AM

For values of "best solution" that include "not making any money", sadly.

That is the solution for the fan-boys as a reality check I know that is not possible.

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 18 January, 2021, 06:11:11 PM
For everyone wondering about the full release schedule of 2000AD collections for 2021 here it is:

https://2000ad.com/news/a-thrill-powered-year-unveiling-2000-ads-collections-schedule-for-2021/

We'll only release digital versions of celebrated, thought provoking strips like Smith's Firekind, but a physical collection of Full Tilt Boogie!
Now if you'll excuse me, all this print file preparation has made me kinda hungry.

< Shelbyville resident eating a lemon gif >

Max Headroom

Some good stuff to look forward to over 2021, but still no Daily Dredds volume 3 or Mek Files volume 5. Disappointing.

credo

Revere, Slaughterbowl and Firekind as digital only - are we expecting all of these to end up in print via the Ultimate Collection?

broodblik

All these where original available in the 2000AD Extreme Editions. They now for the first time become available on the digital platform. I believe this is a test to see how the future editions will be released as digital first and print second (or I am completely wrong on this).

IndigoPrime

Quote from: credo on 19 January, 2021, 01:27:07 PM
Revere, Slaughterbowl and Firekind as digital only - are we expecting all of these to end up in print via the Ultimate Collection?
Firekind's already out. Revere's mooted for that collection. I don't recall about Slaughterbowl, but didn't someone spot it in the spine art, or am I misremembering?

Also, regarding the volumes listed, people need to be mindful of two things: commercial viability and COVID. As I said earlier in this thread, I'm really happy Rebellion's looking to do more HCs, even if they are largely limited to direct sales.

robprosser

I'm disappointed that the Fiend of the Eastern Front collection seems to have dropped off the schedule.