Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

credo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 January, 2021, 01:32:52 PM
Quote from: credo on 19 January, 2021, 01:27:07 PM
Revere, Slaughterbowl and Firekind as digital only - are we expecting all of these to end up in print via the Ultimate Collection?
Firekind's already out. Revere's mooted for that collection. I don't recall about Slaughterbowl, but didn't someone spot it in the spine art, or am I misremembering?

I think someone suggested that the page count for Revere might lend itself to the inclusion of Slaughterbowl as a welcome bit of additional padding.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Does anyone have an ETA on the special collection of The Stainless Steel Rat.

I wants it, I does.

Be great if it had the covers in it. In colour. (A squaxx can dream).

EDIT: I know it's October-ish. I was meaning an ETA on when you can order.
Lock up your spoons!

Max Headroom

Quote from: robprosser on 19 January, 2021, 04:42:37 PM
I'm disappointed that the Fiend of the Eastern Front collection seems to have dropped off the schedule.

If it has indeed been shelved, it could be because there is an Ultimate Collection of Fiends available very soon (3rd February). Hopefully this will include all published material to date. (And the hardcover is cheaper!!)

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Lorenzo on 19 January, 2021, 11:02:40 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 19 January, 2021, 08:31:56 AM
Here is another article on Rebellion's release schedule but with nice big covers:

https://downthetubes.net/?p=124248

Thanks for the extra link, I keep forgetting to look.

Not happy with the decisions though. Thistlebone with 64 pages gets a hardcover, but Torture Garden is only digital? Bizarre. I like papery things. I have absolutely no interest in replacing a collection of papery things with digital. It's a book or nothing.

Dominion is coming soon in the Ultimate Collection, no word yet on the rest of the contents to make up the page count but could include Torture Garden and/or more Deadworld stuff.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Man April's Megazine cover is a doozy! The simple perspective really drags the eye in and gives it such punch!

broodblik

It looks like Tom Foster will be doing another Dredd. He is the closest we will get to Bolland
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sintec

April looks like it's going to be a cracking line up in the prog, return of Feral & Foe and Thistlebone great stuff.

I'm a little surprised they didn't wait for the trade of Thistelbone to get both series in 1 book. <shrugs> not gonna stop me buying it mind.

broodblik

Quote from: robprosser on 19 January, 2021, 04:42:37 PM
I'm disappointed that the Fiend of the Eastern Front collection seems to have dropped off the schedule.

It still shows on Amazon's site that it will be released in October:

https://amzn.to/2SZumUR

broodblik

Here is an article related to the specials for 2021. I am a bit disappointed that there is only 3 specials planned for the year:

https://2000ad.com/news/rebellion-announces-comic-book-specials-for-2021/

Tomwe

Feels like they shot their load last year. But I imagine COVID has had an affect on any ambitions they had to continue the pace of 2020.

IndigoPrime

It's a real shame to not see any Cor or Scream, but I'm happy we're getting anything, frankly. This kind of thing thrives on newsstand sales, and they must have been smashed to bits during 2020.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tomwe on 10 February, 2021, 01:29:14 PM
Feels like they shot their load last year. But I imagine COVID has had an affect on any ambitions they had to continue the pace of 2020.

Yeah the article says as much really. Entirely understandable, but a shame as there were some absolute corkers last year

For me the fact we're missing a Scream / Misty Special is a real disappointment and the lack of anything Battle related. Still hopefully when we get stood back up on better footing we'll see what's next for those lines and in the meantime be grateful for what we get.

broodblik

I also think that due to the total collections being released for 2021 the specials might have suffered as well. Would have loved another Battle Specials and even something like a Starlord specials as well. The Dredd specials do look interesting. Colin is spot on we had some corkers last year.

Tjm86

Much as it was great to see such variety last year it did push things financially.  Fewer specials is a bit of a boon for the wallet.  Considering that restrictions make it very hard to get to newsagents (the few that are left) it is understandable that there is a bit of a pause. 

Personally I've always made an effort to buy the specials from the high street to help visibility.  If shops don't see any point in stocking them then how is the audience going to grow?  I get that it might only be a drop in the ocean but still ...