General Chat > Creative Common

Does My Figure look big in this?

<< < (12/14) > >>

Funt Solo:
This Ork is from one of the older 40K boxed sets, where you got 18 Ork Boyz, but quite a lot of repeating melee weapons, guns and heads. There are three body types, so I set about making sure nobody had the same head, melee weapon or gun. This guy's one of my favorites:

- The snaggle-tooth head is from an Orc (i.e. the fantasy range).
 - The right arm is from a spear-carrying Orc (I amputated the original Ork arm), but the spear tip was kind of stone age and tied on with twine, so I cut that off and replaced it with a spear-head from the Boar Boyz kit, which looks a bit more modern. Orks tend to go with big blades, axes and chainsaws - but I liked the idea of a mad throwback with a spear.
 - The gun has been modified with the dangling ammo-belt, which I think is from a Chaos Marine Rhino sprue. (And I drilled out the gun barrel, of course.)

Trooper McFad:

--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 09 January, 2022, 06:46:52 AM ---This Ork is from one of the older 40K boxed sets, where you got 18 Ork Boyz, but quite a lot of repeating melee weapons, guns and heads. There are three body types, so I set about making sure nobody had the same head, melee weapon or gun. This guy's one of my favorites:

- The snaggle-tooth head is from an Orc (i.e. the fantasy range).
 - The right arm is from a spear-carrying Orc (I amputated the original Ork arm), but the spear tip was kind of stone age and tied on with twine, so I cut that off and replaced it with a spear-head from the Boar Boyz kit, which looks a bit more modern. Orks tend to go with big blades, axes and chainsaws - but I liked the idea of a mad throwback with a spear.
 - The gun has been modified with the dangling ammo-belt, which I think is from a Chaos Marine Rhino sprue. (And I drilled out the gun barrel, of course.)

--- End quote ---

That’s great Funt.
It’s the ingenuity and imagination used I love. Making mini’s to your own taste makes them more interesting.
I keep all my “cuttings/spares” just Incase I can use them on a future build.
Now you just have to get round to paint them 👍🏻😁.

Funt Solo:
This guy has the same body as the previous one - he's retained his original right arm, but I cut off his hand so I could give him a different weapon. His gun has been modified with a chainsaw attachment (looted from a Space Marine) - if his chainsaw gets stuck in some tough enemy, he can just shoot them to bits. Then stab them.

Trooper McFad:
Fantastic your army will look awesome- a ragtag bunch of kickass orcs

Trooper McFad:
Well it’s been a wee while since I completed my last figure.
But I’ve been a busy little bee working on 4 different figures at one time! The reason for this is I was using sculpty for the first time and it’s wonderful stuff. But I didn’t want to bake just one piece at a time. So I sculpted a couple of figures and add on bits for another couple I’ve been working on with milliput and are half finished so it made sense to do a batch baking to cure the sculpty.
First up is my version of the Gronk.
As always I have supplied “primed”, “base” and “finished” photos.
I hope to have the next figure done in a couple of weeks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version